Does this ever happen to a blackberry 8900?
    My battery was so low so i decided to charge the battery and this is the first time that a picture of a white battery with a blue thing in it what does it mean?
    08-16-09 05:52 AM
    Dude chill. Your battery is dead. Let it charge. Take a stroll with grandma while it charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 06:00 AM
    first of all im not a dude and second of all my grandma is dead so i cannot take a stroll with her
    08-16-09 06:13 AM
    Okay let's not leave the topic here people, it means the battery is drained and it will need to charge up for a while before it has enough juice to even start up! It's a thing that isn't bad but does mean you should carry your charger with you more often, just in case! Either or get an extended life battery. But if this hardly ever happens just give it time to charge up sufficiently! Pin or pm if problem persists!

08-16-09 08:56 AM
    The led should light up a orange or dark yellow-ish color I believe as well
    08-16-09 09:45 AM
    Dude chill. Your battery is dead. Let it charge. Take a stroll with grandma while it charges.

first of all im not a dude and second of all my grandma is dead so i cannot take a stroll with her
    Dear OP-lazerus is right-you really need to chill. All that was meant if you translate is don't stress over it and leave it to charge for awhile. lazerus was just trying to inject some dry humor into the answer since your question was phrased in a way denoting sense of panic.
    Doc
    08-16-09 10:01 AM
    To echo everybody else in here, the battery is dead. It needs to charge up a little bit more before the device can be used.

If you want to know that your battery is low before it dies, a yellow/green-like LED (green, but it looks orange) will flash and the carrier name (i.e. T-Mobile) will be replaced with "Low Battery".
    08-16-09 10:28 AM
    Two threads of battery panic. No worries. I need a life.

08-16-09 10:29 AM
    Also, do not allow your battery to get this low from now on. In doing so you will shorten the lifespan of the battery and possibly even damage it so it doesn't hold a charge any longer.
    08-16-09 10:54 AM
    Good info....to the senior folks how does this happen?....and it won't start up till when?....I always thought letting the battery zero out was good....heard it referred to as cycling?

08-16-09 07:33 PM
    Good info....to the senior folks how does this happen?....and it won't start up till when?....I always thought letting the battery zero out was good....heard it referred to as cycling?

Check this post and read the few past it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/89...9/#post2796551
    08-16-09 07:51 PM
    the OP (moron) needs to go away. ppl try to help out and she/it lashes out for no good reason. cant take a joke, go back to your cave.
    08-16-09 08:01 PM
    This does not always indicate a low or faulty battery condition. I have an 8703 which displays an image of a battery and a red line through the center.

I have a "back up" 8703 which I used to test the battery and it powered right up with a "full" battery status.

To rule out a battery condition, simply pull the battery and connect directly to the wall charger. This is what I have done and still have the same image.

I'm convinced my phone is malfunctioning. Any other ideas as to a cause???
    08-23-09 12:12 PM
    Check this post and read the few past it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/89...9/#post2796551
    Typically, how low is too low? I'm guessing in the single digits? Last night I was down to 25%.

However I have routinely been letting it charge overnight every night. I'm guessing this then is a good thing?

Sometimes I've noticed in the middle of the night (during the Auto Off period), the LED is bright green. I presume this means the battery has reached its full charge? What I do when I notice this is disconnect it from the charger.
    08-24-09 01:10 PM
    Typically, how low is too low? I'm guessing in the single digits? Last night I was down to 25%.

However I have routinely been letting it charge overnight every night. I'm guessing this then is a good thing?

Sometimes I've noticed in the middle of the night (during the Auto Off period), the LED is bright green. I presume this means the battery has reached its full charge? What I do when I notice this is disconnect it from the charger.
    You don't need to disconnect it when the LED is green. You can keep the BB charging as long and as often as you like. The batteries used in the BB's are designed to be charged constantly. You can't over-charge them.

However, you DO NOT want to let your battery run down to zero. This will shorten the battery life. Keep it charged as often as possible.
    08-24-09 01:15 PM
    the OP (moron) needs to go away. ppl try to help out and she/it lashes out for no good reason. cant take a joke, go back to your cave.
    Not to add fuel to the fire but I don't think the OP's reply was "lashing out" at all.

I also don't think lazerus' reply was anything to be "lashed at" either.

Can't we all just get along? This is Blackberry!
    08-24-09 01:19 PM
    You don't need to disconnect it when the LED is green. You can keep the BB charging as long and as often as you like. The batteries used in the BB's are designed to be charged constantly. You can't over-charge them.

However, you DO NOT want to let your battery run down to zero. This will shorten the battery life. Keep it charged as often as possible.
    Thanks for the info!
    08-24-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD