This may be a dumb question, but is there a way to turn OFF the sound effect when taking pictures? I have looked all over and cant seem to figure it out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    06-21-10 06:33 AM
    I know there is no functionality built in, but maybe an App might be able to turn it off?
    06-21-10 07:01 AM
    Yeah there is no way on your bb to turn it off. If you search through the forums there is a couple threads mentioning an app to turn off the camera sound. I haven't tried any of these, I'm not trying to be sneaky about my pic taking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 07:20 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! I'm not trying to be sneaky with the pictures...the sound just gets annoying. I'll look around for the other threads regarding the app.
    06-21-10 01:47 PM
    The only "fix" that i have been able to find is to make a phone call (like to voicemail) and turn the sound all the way down...then go into camera mode while you're on the phone. It'll ask "Continue call and exit to camera?", just click OK, take your photo, and end the call.

It's a lot of work, but it gets the job done when you're in a quiet place.
    06-21-10 02:04 PM
    thanks, but I'm really not trying to sneak anything. and that seems like a lot of work. I was just wondering about an "off" switch since I have found myself using my bb camera more than my digi cam now and when you take enough pics the sound tends to become a bother. But its really not that big of a deal.
    06-21-10 03:45 PM
    QuickLaunch has a camera shutter mute function.
    06-21-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD