My wife has a curve 8530 with Verizon, and it wont turn on. All that is happening is the red led light is blinking over and over again. I tried a new battery and that didnt work. Anny suggestions.
    06-11-10 12:08 AM
    this happened to me too! what did you end up having to do?
    06-11-10 02:20 AM
    Try turning it on while it's plugged in.
    06-11-10 02:23 PM
    Last weekend I had the problem of my Curve not turning on at all. I took it to the Sprint Store and they put another battery in. It worked for about 3 hours. I told them the fix did not work and they ordered me a new phone. The phone worked fine except that the battery life was about 4 hours at first, then the time just kept getting less and less. I used the wall charger, the USB charger and a mobile charger, I tried it at work, at home and in the car. Nothing seems to work. I called the Sprint Store today, because it now will not come on at all, even when it is plugged in to the charger(s). They stated that it must be the battery. I indicated that I thought when they sent you a new phone they sent you a new battery, but they said no, the phone is covered but not the battery!?! I can't imagine that it will work (why would they put a corrupted battery back into a new unit) but I will try anything at this point. I am tired of not having a phone, especially on the weekend.
    Last edited by greenl1; 06-11-10 at 02:38 PM.
    06-11-10 02:28 PM
    The only way the battery would kill the phone like that was if it shorted out and fried the phone.

If the red light comes on, but you can't get to the BB boot screen (the black screen with the white status bar), download a program called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and nuke the BB, then reinstall the OS. Should work fine.

And every phone I've ever changed has been a refurb. I had to keep the battery and the battery door. If you think it's a bad battery, get a battery from a friend with the same phone. If you can't do that, stop by your service provider's store or a Radio Shack or Best Buy in their area. They'll let you "borrow" a battery long enough to see if it works or not. If the phone comes on, bad battery. If the phone stays off, you've got a bricked phone. Nuke it and reinstall the OS. If it still won't come on, it's a hardware issue and you'll need a new phone.

And if you do need one, buy a new battery.
    06-11-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD