Hi there i am new here, have had a BB curve for about 6 months now, before that had various Pearls - love the Blackberries but have hit a wierd problem. On Saturday my phone and text stopped working. If I try to call out I get Call Failed on the screen, if someone calls me they get my answerphone even when phone is on with full coverage.
    Email still works as does messenger.
    Have made sure wireless is on, have done a hard reset (phone off, SIM out, phone on, phone off, sim back in, phone on again) and last night I restored factory settings in case it was some wierd bug but nothing seems to work.
    Unfortunately after my last curve got dropped down the loo (yeah that was a bit silly) and Vodafone wouldn't replace it I got a cheapie off ebay. This was on the 30th July so only about 6 weeks ago but the guy has not come forward with warranty details so not sure if I can send this back to BB or not.
    Has anyone seen this problem before and know how I can fix it? Does it sound like a manufacturing fault that I'm not gonna be able to fix??
    Am using an old 8700 for now but it's like having a house brick in my pocket - I want my shiny curve back! Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nina
    09-15-09 05:14 AM
    Hi there i am new here, have had a BB curve for about 6 months now, before that had various Pearls - love the Blackberries but have hit a wierd problem. On Saturday my phone and text stopped working. If I try to call out I get Call Failed on the screen, if someone calls me they get my answerphone even when phone is on with full coverage.
    Email still works as does messenger.
    Have made sure wireless is on, have done a hard reset (phone off, SIM out, phone on, phone off, sim back in, phone on again) and last night I restored factory settings in case it was some wierd bug but nothing seems to work.
    Unfortunately after my last curve got dropped down the loo (yeah that was a bit silly) and Vodafone wouldn't replace it I got a cheapie off ebay. This was on the 30th July so only about 6 weeks ago but the guy has not come forward with warranty details so not sure if I can send this back to BB or not.
    Has anyone seen this problem before and know how I can fix it? Does it sound like a manufacturing fault that I'm not gonna be able to fix??
    Am using an old 8700 for now but it's like having a house brick in my pocket - I want my shiny curve back! Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nina
    Have you talked to your SP yet, might be something on their end.
    09-15-09 05:19 AM
    They say as far as they can see everything is working normally
    09-15-09 05:31 AM
    Try to get a new SIM card.
    09-15-09 09:50 AM
    Last night the same thing happened to my wife's phone, 8900. I turned it off and turned it back on and no more calls failed. Try a battery pull if that fails to work.
    09-15-09 11:30 AM
    Yeah I've tried the SIM card but they say everything is working on their end so that's a no go...

I have taken battery out countless times, including several hard resets, and problem keeps happening. Can't think why one bit would go and not the whole phone?????
    09-15-09 05:04 PM
    Im having the same issue with my storm.. Just all the sudden it cut me off mid phone call and I am receiving email and my net is ok.. But everytime I go to make a phone call it says call failed and no texts are coming through..
    06-18-10 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD