Help!

Hello guys,
    Whenever I lay my phone down on a flat surface the screen turns off and the keyboard lights turn off too, like it's going to sleep. I was on a call and put it on speakerphone and laid it down and it disconnected the call on me a few times.
    It is like whenever I lay it down it goes into sleep mode or something. Any one else experiencing the same problems I am? Is this a defect or is a blackberry option? If so, is there anyway I can change it to not turn off when laid flat?

Thanks.
    08-27-09 11:38 PM
    Options > Screen/Keyboard > Backlight Timout - adjust as needed.

The device turns off the screen automatically to save battery life.
    08-27-09 11:45 PM
    the backlight timeout disconnects the call?!
    08-28-09 12:08 AM
    No, that doesn't disconnect a call at all. If your call was disconnected then you likely pressed the standby button on the top right of your device when you put it down or there is a hardware problem with your device.
    08-28-09 12:27 AM
    I didn't even press any button. I was holding it on the sides then laid it down carefully and it disconnected the call, several times. Laid it down flat on my desk & Screen went black and it disconnected the call.
    08-28-09 11:44 AM
    Must be a defect of somesort. I just tested mine with the speakerphone and laid it down. No problems what so ever. Kept it on for 5 mins or so. Screen was off, no disconnect.
    08-28-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD