The rep just told me, which may already be known, Wifi is exclusive to GSM carriers only.

I called originally about a constant JVM error 102 I've been having. The RIM tech thinks it may be caused by a theme I've been using. We're reloading the original T-Mobile approved software and not installing the theme to see if the problem subsides. I've been getting the JVM error 102 like once every 2-3 weeks and have just been reloading the OS everytime, but I've gotten tired of it.
    06-28-09 10:30 AM
    The rep just told me, which may already be known, Wifi is exclusive to GSM carriers only..
    It's been rumored after the Tour (9630) CDMA networks (Like Verizon especially) will have WiFi on all of their BlackBerry Models. But, this has been known for a long time that WiFi on Blackberrys has been exclusive to GSM carriers.
    06-28-09 10:33 AM
    The rep just told me, which may already be known, Wifi is exclusive to GSM carriers only.

I called originally about a constant JVM error 102 I've been having. The RIM tech thinks it may be caused by a theme I've been using. We're reloading the original T-Mobile approved software and not installing the theme to see if the problem subsides. I've been getting the JVM error 102 like once every 2-3 weeks and have just been reloading the OS everytime, but I've gotten tired of it.
    So, you're on the phone with RIM complaining about a JVM error, but you're using a leaked 5.0 OS?
    06-28-09 10:42 AM
    WiFi is NOT exclusive to GSM. Case in point being the 8350i. You got a rep that doesnt know what they are talking about.
    06-28-09 10:46 AM
    So, you're on the phone with RIM complaining about a JVM error, but you're using a leaked 5.0 OS?
    I was back to using .231 actually, just haven't changed my profile on here back.
    06-28-09 12:18 PM
    I hope you didn't have to pay $50 for the help. This rep isn't the smartest. Good luck with the JVM error.
    06-28-09 12:37 PM
    I did not need to call RIM about this. I know how to reload the OS, I just wanted to see if they would tell me anything I didn't already know. The JVM error is gone, I reinstalled .114 and now actually upgrading again to .250. I had .250 at one time and got the JVM error so I went back to .231, then I just got it again. It has to be either a theme or 3rd party app, so I'm going to try .250 without the theme I've been using, and hopefully I don't get the JVM error again.
    06-28-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD