An odd problem I've been having for quite some time.

Pretty much just as the title says, my phone randomly resets itself during calls, dropping it and whats more annoying; the ridiculous startup time berries are cursed with.

I have absolutely no idea where the issue is coming from.
    For what its worth, I'm running .250, I keep WiFi off (at some point in time WiFi dropping also dropped calls so I just don't bother anymore), and I rarely drop it.

Any suggestions?
    08-31-09 10:32 PM
    upgrade to the latest 5.0.0.190
    08-31-09 10:38 PM
    There may be a software issue. I would upgrade to the most current version and see if that helps. If not then there's probably an issue with the hardware, in which case it would need replaced.
    08-31-09 11:48 PM
    upgrade to the latest 5.0.0.190
    Please don't follow this advice, it will only give you more problems to deal with.

What I would suggest is to try OS .231 if .250 is giving you problems. But before you do that, when did you get the device? Also, how long have you experienced this problem? Is it re-occurring or something that just started?
    08-31-09 11:59 PM
    I got my 8900 at lanuch back in Dec08.
    In as much frequency as of late, I've had this problem for the last few months now - perhaps when I took the .250 update, hadn't thought of that as a negative till now.
    Downgrading appears to be the best choice of action on that line of thought.
    Thanks for the help so far.

Sidenote: it has been something of a reoccuring problem, but either I found my way around it or it didn't happen as much to pose as a significant issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD