I had my phone set up to just check my gmail. It stopped doing that about 24-48 hours ago. I added a @vzw.blackberry.com and in the last 20 minutes, emailed myself a message on from my yahoo account via my laptop. My phone still hasn't gotten it. If I use the browser, I can go to gmail.com and see my new emails, but I shouldn't have to do that.

So, basically email isn't working, yet the phone, texts, and browser all work fine.

Any ideas?
    07-30-08 10:56 AM
    I had my phone set up to just check my gmail. It stopped doing that about 24-48 hours ago. I added a @vzw.blackberry.com and in the last 20 minutes, emailed myself a message on from my yahoo account via my laptop. My phone still hasn't gotten it. If I use the browser, I can go to gmail.com and see my new emails, but I shouldn't have to do that.

So, basically email isn't working, yet the phone, texts, and browser all work fine.

Any ideas?
    Try resending your Service Books
    07-30-08 11:01 AM
    Well I just called Verizon, got a friendly and helpful guy names Dontae, who in the matter of 3-4 minutes was able to get gmail working, send me a test message to make sure, sign me up at bis.na.blackberry, and set up a filter so I don't receive my gmails bouncing back. All in all, I'm VERY happy with the tech help. Score one for Verizon!
    07-30-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD