I have read a couple of things on this site about possible water damage, or maybe installing a new os. Well, the water damage indicators on my phone are not red, but there is a little sticker on the bottom of my battery that has red x's on it (possible water damage indicator)?

I don't know but this really sucks.
    10-21-08 12:16 AM
    Those X's would be smeared if there was water damage. Could be a defective device. Ask Verizon for an exchange.
    10-21-08 12:27 AM
    Those X's would be smeared if there was water damage. Could be a defective device. Ask Verizon for an exchange.
    Will be going there tomorrow morning
    10-21-08 12:28 AM
    If you have a white sticker or a sticker with red X's on it, you are fine. The plain white sticker turns red when it gets wet. The white stick with the X's will turn a soild red/pink when it gets wet, the red x's bleed into the white making it all red/pink.

I dunked a dead battery with red x's on it, under running water in the bathroom one day to see what if anything would happen to the sicker on it. It turned reddish pink. Like taking a magic marker and touching it to a piece of tissue, the darker color wicks into the lighter color. When it dried it looked darker than it did while wet.
    10-21-08 12:38 AM
    Wow talk about timing Sunkast, I saw Xshaunx's post started typing and answered the phone, hit enter and you beat me by a few mins... LOL
    10-21-08 12:41 AM
    The keyboard can have water damage without the battery indicating water.

If, for example, the Curve was exposed to a damp environment such as a bathroom with the shower running, using the phone with wet hair, etc.
    10-21-08 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD