My BB Curve for ATT somehow got locked while in my pocket. I never set a lock code for it, as I got it a few days ago. When I pulled it out of my pocket, it asked for an unlock code, and I only have 10 trys to get it right.

Is there some sort of standard code that I need to input? Or did I somehow enter a random password while in my pocket?

Any help here guys? I tried the last 4 digits of my number, 1234, 0000. Is there a certain code I need?
    10-22-08 07:01 PM
    No, Blackberries do not have a standard unlock code.

I hope you have a backup of your phone on your computer. You need to enter the password 10 times, and your blackberry will wipe itself. There is no way around this.
    10-22-08 07:08 PM
    Did you purchase it from someone else? or brand new?
    10-22-08 07:09 PM
    sounds like someone played a nasty trick on you...
    10-22-08 07:14 PM
    Nope, no backup on the computer. This is my work phone. I got it a week ago, and it came with a case. I had it in the case, in my pocket. Nobody played a trick on me. Somehow, while in my pockets, some buttons were unintentionally pressed, and the phone got locked. I have no clue what the password is....

EDIT: And it was brand new. Did not buy from anyone else.
    Last edited by corsairkid; 10-22-08 at 07:16 PM. Reason: add
    10-22-08 07:16 PM
    That sounds really fishy though, I mean to get into security options, enable that setting AND to choose a password.. you must have some boney legs LOL..

It doesnt sound right..

Maybe your IT guy at work, or someone who bought the BB's set up the passwords..
    10-22-08 07:18 PM
    That sounds really fishy though, I mean to get into security options, enable that setting AND to choose a password.. you must have some boney legs LOL..

It doesnt sound right..

Maybe your IT guy at work, or someone who bought the BB's set up the passwords..
    I am not sure about the IT guy. The phone was delivered to my home, in a factory box. I have no idea how this happened. You are right though, it is odd for this to have happened. I got home, took it out of the case, and it was locked.
    10-22-08 07:19 PM
    Check with ur work. My company forces a password onto our corporate BB's for security purposes of confidential emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 07:21 PM
    Hmmmm, how very strange..

I would make sure you have all the info you need then to revive a dead berry once its wiped.. sounds like the only thing you can do..

Im sorry you didnt have a backup yet..
    10-22-08 07:22 PM
    Check with ur work. My company forces a password onto our corporate BB's for security purposes of confidential emails.

Sounds like I will have to do that. Although, it hasn't been locked all week. Only just now did this happen.

Ohhh good advice!@
    Hmmmm, how very strange..

I would make sure you have all the info you need then to revive a dead berry once its wiped.. sounds like the only thing you can do..

Im sorry you didnt have a backup yet..
    Sorry for the double post. So can you please explain how to/and what happens when a BB is wiped? This is my first BB and I am not very savvy with them yet (as you can tell). What if I call blackberry? Or ATT? Can they help me?
    10-22-08 07:24 PM
    BES admins are able to reset the password aren't they?
    10-22-08 07:27 PM
    Sorry for the double post. So can you please explain how to/and what happens when a BB is wiped? This is my first BB and I am not very savvy with them yet (as you can tell). What if I call blackberry? Or ATT? Can they help me?
    If the phone is wiped all data on it will be lost. The OS will remain intact and it
    will be in it's "out of the box" condition.

Go to options > security options > general settings. Where it says PASSWORD
    is (A) it disabled or enabled and (B) is there a red lock next to it.
    10-22-08 07:41 PM
    Will removing the battery "wipe" the phone? If not, how do I wipe the phone? I can not access any menus or anything. All I get is a prompt to input the password.
    10-22-08 08:50 PM
    Sounds like I will have to do that. Although, it hasn't been locked all week. Only just now did this happen.
    That's a good point. It is wierd that it suddenly locked.

10-22-08 09:13 PM
    REmoveing the battery will not lose any data. If you cannot access the menus then you will need to enter the password 10 times and the device will wipe.
    10-22-08 09:16 PM
    I understand how to wipe it if the password is known, but if I don't know the password, can I still wipe it? That is my problem.
    10-22-08 09:35 PM
    Yes, you can. just enter anything 10 times and the device will wipe.
    10-22-08 09:56 PM
    Yes, you can. just enter anything 10 times and the device will wipe.
    OOOOO gotcha. I thought you meant I had to enter the CORRECT password 10 times. Excuse my ignorance, I am completely new to BB and smartphones and general. I guess I have some reading to do. I guess I will have to wipe the phone then.
    10-22-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD