My boyfriend called T-Mobile because his Pearl is being a piece of ish, and his reception is getting worse at his house. He talked to Tech Support and they recommended to get a Curve. Mainly so he could use WiFi on it, and make phone calls over WiFi. Is that possible on the T-Mobile Curve? Or is he being fed a line to get a contract renewal out of him? I'm trying to get him over to Verizon with me with a Tour, but he's not sure of what to do. Please some help.
    08-15-09 10:49 PM
    Hey can get the 8320. He'll have to pay the monthly fee of (I think) $9.99 to use it.
    Unlimited HotSpot Calling
    Make and receive unlimited nationwide calls over Wi-Fi both at home or at any U.S. T-Mobile HotSpot location anytime day or night. $9.99/month
    Last edited by 312; 08-15-09 at 11:10 PM.
    08-15-09 11:08 PM
    Yea you can place calls over Wi-FI on tmobile. Its called UMA. i have the curve 8900 and it is by far the greatest phone i have ever owned. you can also place calls over wifi on a newer version of the pearl, or the pearl flip as well. go in to a t-mobile store and check it out. i love it, perfect reception if youre low on bars. its so awesome!
    08-15-09 11:09 PM
    actually, there is no monthly fee to use it. the 9.99 fee you speak of is actually a talk at home plan. for example, as u use ure wifi on ure berry, u can make phone calls as much as u want, thats right, unlimited, so long as the berry is connected over your wifi. thats it. but even if u dont have 9.99 plan, u can still use the wifi for awesome reception and much much faster internet, faster than 3g even. the wifi over the phone (UMA) does not cost a cent.
    08-15-09 11:11 PM
    So you just connect to your own home WiFi you already have, and make calls like normal but it goes over WiFi? And there is no Fee? I was reading on the site that there is a fee. This is a make or break for T-Mobile service for him.
    08-16-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD