Morning
    Last night, my wife's 8900 stopped responding, none of the buttons work, not even the ones round the edge
    the only thing that works is moving the trackball, but pressing it does nothing, basically the phone is useless as calls cannot even be answered.

The battery has been out all night, around 12 hours but still no good.
    Nothing's been installed for well over a month or so (plenty of battery pulls since then), no theme has been changed, nothing new has been done and it's been no where near water

Seems to be a few questions the same on the web so it's a common problem, everyone elses seems to be solved with a 1 hour battery pull, but not this one!

Anyone got any ideas?
    Her laptop died last night too so has no access to Blackberry software and has no internet or email access (I'm posting this from work)
    06-03-10 12:39 AM
    sounds like water damage !

Has it, by any chance, been exposed to miosture ?

To make sure it has or hasn't, open the back cover then take out the battery. There should be a small white sticker with or without pink/red line ( mine doesn't have the line ). If the whole sticker is pink/red, it means that it has been exposed to moisture
    06-03-10 06:30 AM
    sounds like water damage !

Has it, by any chance, been exposed to miosture ?

To make sure it has or hasn't, open the back cover then take out the battery. There should be a small white sticker with or without pink/red line ( mine doesn't have the line ). If the whole sticker is pink/red, it means that it has been exposed to moisture
    no red line, no water/moisture has been near it
    06-03-10 06:35 AM
    06-03-10 06:53 AM
    cheers, but there's no answers at all on there
    06-03-10 06:56 AM
    Is it on the Warranty?

If it is. Take it to them and they might give you a new one since the issue is not due to moisture.
    06-03-10 07:06 AM
    it's under contract with O2 for another 2/3 months
    Last edited by mmace; 06-04-10 at 01:22 PM.
    06-03-10 07:10 AM
    aha . . Have you considered wiping it and installing a new Operating System
    06-03-10 07:15 AM
    no, her laptop is dead so we have no access to any Blackberry software, unless it can be done on the phone like my Android?
    06-03-10 07:19 AM
    no, her laptop is dead so we have no access to any Blackberry software, unless it can be done on the phone like my Android?
    No, it can't
    06-03-10 07:22 AM
    wiped and installed latest official os from O2, buttons still dont work so cannot click "ok" to accept conditions on reboot

had battery out for 48 hours and phone in rice for that time, still nothing
    Last edited by mmace; 06-04-10 at 01:21 PM.
    06-03-10 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD