Have probably 70+ contacts in my phone. Facebook connect and all that jazz. My phone book keeps doubling and putting contacts together. Done this twice now, any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 11:02 PM
    Do you happen to use gmail and have gmail contact sync on? That usually gets your contacts breeding.

If this is the case. Turn contact sync off (either log to BIS online or use the email wizard) theb go online to google and merge all cloned contacts (this is quite boring).

Load DM, go Backup, advanced and remove the contacts from there.

Once you're done, use google sync (and any other app you have) to restore your contacts.

Hope this is it.
    06-04-10 11:10 PM
    my problem with syncing contacts with google is that the address parts don't get put in the correct fields. Everything you gets jumbled in the first address field.

and the BB doesn't hold on to the image I have for the person. what's weird is that some pictures stay while others go away. They don't all go away at the same time.

I don't use outlook or any mail program. this is a direct sync with gmail contacts.

this has happened with a Curve8530 and a Bold-9650

I have just turned off syncing because I am getting tired of putting back the pictures, but I really would like to know why this happens . I'm guessing it's a google problem
    06-15-10 07:52 AM
    On the spot, Cecilia.
    06-15-10 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD