Please, Oh please help!

I have a curve 8330- and I have all these great ringtones downloaded.. I have set up my profiles and exceptions for each person. I have personalized what song I want played for such message (text, picture, email, calling,etc)
    And it will work for maybe 2 people.. My husbands settings always seem to stay, but then my friend will text me and instead of playing her assigned song/ringtone it will bust out with his and he looks at me.. like HELLO I am right here, who is texting u..DUH! why in the world is this happening? ANY insight would be great, before I go into a Sprint store and make a fool out of myself!

Thank you - in advance!
    07-27-09 06:04 PM
    are the ringtones on a memory card? are you pulling the memory card out of the phone? this will cause the files to not be there. could also be a goofy issue. does it still do it after a battery pull? after an os upgrade? are you saving the settings properly after you change them? are you modifying the correct profile? i know i've spent like 10 minutes modifying a profile to my liking only to realize i modified one that i dont use.
    07-27-09 06:09 PM
    Thank you for getting back to me! Yes, they are on my memory card..but, I have not taken the memory card out of the phone once.. Yes, I have done a battery pull, and a soft/hard reset. Reset the phone back to all defaults and redid the profiles and exceptions 2-3 times. I have checked of an os upgrade, says none available at this time. Yes, on the last part..cause I have deleted them all and started over, and I have only done like 2 and tried that for a while to see if they would work and sure enough the text ringer for my husband would play when my mother would call WTH? ha! GEE, I feel so confused. Thank you again for your help ..
    07-27-09 06:44 PM
    Bump! I am struggling with this problem as well. It seems to be randomly from what I can tell. I am wondering if it is related to an app such as BB alerts that I have installed? Frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 10:20 AM
    it does sound frustrating but i have no idea
    08-04-09 10:38 AM
    Bump! I am struggling with this problem as well. It seems to be randomly from what I can tell. I am wondering if it is related to an app such as BB alerts that I have installed? Frustrating.

+1 My phone did this today after a soft reset. First time it has ever happened but every one of my ringtones was set back to the default one with the exception of my MyFaves contacts.

My media card has never been removed from my phone and I have not recently added any new apps or changed my OS. I have no probleming changing them back, as I don't have too many exceptions. It is just frustrating that it would do this out of nowhere after 4 months.

08-04-09 02:01 PM
    Are you doing profile exceptions based on custom profiles made for your contacts? If you are, edit the exceptions themselves and set the sounds as custom ringer.

08-04-09 02:39 PM
    Are you doing profile exceptions based on custom profiles made for your contacts? If you are, edit the exceptions themselves and set the sounds as custom ringer.

Yep, but the tones reset to the default ones on their own.

Its not a huge problem per say, just frustarting, like another poster said.

08-04-09 02:45 PM
    I know exactly what you mean!!! I have a lot of contacts that I have customized and all of a sudden none of them show up as them being customized. Their names, picture ID's, or custom ringtones are not coming up at all even after a battery pull, soft or hard resets. I haven't even had my BB a month yet and this is a bit upsetting. I have even downloaded the OS twice and no help.
    08-04-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD