Well...after my first full day of putting the 8900 (currently running .114 OS WITH a data plan)through the paces...I have to say it truly is perfect in every way.

But I caution you....using this phone without a wireless router in your house is like driving your car with the emergency brake on. You're totally killing the efficiency of the device.

The UMA calling is unparalleled. And the speed of WiFi in terms of data sweetens the pot even more.

Put it this way....in the last two months I've gone between AT&T (the Bold), Verizon (the Storm) and now T-Mobile (the 8900), and I can honestly say the 8900 blows the other two phones out of the water. The Storm was sluggish and at times unresponsive. The Bold, while I thought it was a nice phone, was lacking things like UMA and a camera that's actually worth a damn.

IMO...the 8900 brings it all together and gives the user everything they could possibly ask for. After two tries....RIM finally got it right.

I've been downloading content (AmAze, Nav4All...want to try them both...various shortcuts, ringtones, facebook, etc.) all day, purposely backing out of programs without closing them, watching YouTube, and doing just about everything I can to rip the memory down to nothing...and she's still working like the moment I took her out of the box. I've literally had it running all day....battery life has been superb...I actually feel like while on UMA/WiFi the battery life is a little better.

I was even surprised by T-Mobile's customer service, which I've heard is horrible. I was on the phone with them for almost an hour at 3am this morning because I noticed my email randomly stopped getting pushed from Yahoo. Turns out someone made a mistake when I called earlier in the day to add a second line and port over that number. My data plan somehow got nixed off my account. So, after taking about 10 minutes to track down the problem, the rep fixed everything, apologized like 5 times, answered all my questions...and THEN....WAIVED my activation fees for all my troubles. Now...THAT's what I call good customer service.

Only thing I really haven't had a chance to put to the test is the GPS. I did fire it up after I left the store, and it found my location within about 3 minutes, but that's really as far as I got. Like I said...I downloaded AmAze and Nav4All and plan to try them both tomorrow. So I might slightly revise my statement once I get a crack at the full spectrum of the GPS.

So...for those who are stuck on whether to either buy the Storm or Bold or wait for the 8900....or ditch one of the above or any other phone and move to the 8900....DO IT. It's worth the wait or the hassle. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
    02-23-09 04:48 AM
    I couldn't agree more. The only thing I've had issues with over the 4+ weeks I've had is the battery life. Tmo has done everything to take care of me, and will replace my battery on the 25th, 2 weeks after the official launch. I'm hoping that its a defective battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 07:34 AM
    Actually, T-Mo has a rep for having great customer service.
    02-23-09 12:47 PM
    ^ Agree. I've been with them for about 5years and love their service!
    02-23-09 01:04 PM
    Awesome! Welcome to the 8900 family.

No need to rub it in about UMA as some of us have unlocked 8900s and our provider doesn't offer UMA! I kid. I kid. Its all good, I knew what I was getting into before I purchased it.
    02-23-09 01:28 PM
    I feel the same way...its a woooonderful Berry!

02-23-09 01:31 PM
    Its almost
    the perfect device for me.

3 complaints:

Music turns on because mute key presses too easily
    Music continues to play through loud speaker if you unplug headphones during call
    Camera shutter too slow

02-23-09 01:44 PM

Camera shutter too slow
    Try the camera on the Storm...you'll think the Curve has a Nikon D3 in it.

After typing that...I realize most may not understand that comparison. The Nikon D3 is the fastest professional DSLR camera ever made. It can shoot 9 shots per second at 12.3 MP. Its what most of the world's professional sports photographers use.

Just thought I should explain that for those that aren't versed in professional photography.

That is all.
    02-27-09 11:04 PM
    I still need to try the storm and the bold, gonna get that done in the next 2 weeks

02-27-09 11:30 PM
    Try the camera on the Storm...you'll think the Curve has a Nikon D3 in it.

After typing that...I realize most may not understand that comparison. The Nikon D3 is the fastest professional DSLR camera ever made. It can shoot 9 shots per second at 12.3 MP. Its what most of the world's professional sports photographers use.

Just thought I should explain that for those that aren't versed in professional photography.

That is all.
    The D3 can shoot 11 frames per second, too. Just at a lower megapixel count

although I'm not convinced of your statement about most of the worlds sports photographers switching being a Nikon guy myself, the shutter speeds and the ISO noise levels on the D3 certainly gave many Canon fanatics a reason to switch brands. But hey, this isn't the place for that argument haha
    02-27-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD