How do I password protect my BB with a password when I lock it?

I know i shoudl know this one but i dont...
    08-07-09 10:25 AM
    Options (icon on homescreen)
    Password
    Enable

If not there: (some older BBs)

Options (icon on homescreen)
    Security Options
    General Settings
    Password
    Enable
    08-07-09 10:27 AM
    also with password protection on, 10 incorrect passwords will wipe the data on your bb.
    08-07-09 10:31 AM
    also with password protection on, 10 incorrect passwords will wipe the data on your bb.
    True. You can also adjust this options from 3-10 tries.
    08-07-09 10:37 AM
    I password protected mine when i first got it, then realised many of my friends/family members (inc. children) will be playing with my BB, so i disabled it.

Just make sure your BB doesn't go into the hands of children with the password protection enabled
    08-07-09 10:40 AM
    Yeah mine is to stop my GF going though my phone... there is nothing bad in there, she just gets the wrong idea sometime...

Wait so 10 incorrect times wipes my berry? can i just reload the OS and it will be sweet again?
    08-07-09 10:44 AM
    Wait so 10 incorrect times wipes my berry? can i just reload the OS and it will be sweet again?
    Once you type your pw in incorrectly 10 times, it will be wiped to factory state i presume.
    08-07-09 10:47 AM
    Yeah mine is to stop my GF going though my phone... there is nothing bad in there, she just gets the wrong idea sometime...

Yes, if you have the attempts set to 10 (can set this from 3-10 attempts), then 10 incorrect password entries will wipe the device back to out of the box settings. You can reload all your info if you have a recent backup. You don't need to reload the OS, just a backup.

Remember you can also hover over and icon, folder or pic and hit menu-hide if you want to keep important things hidden without always having to password lock your device.
    all personal data, will be wiped, contacts etc
    i would be pissed if this happend to me lol.
    08-07-09 12:56 PM

Time to Beyonce "upgrade, upgrade" that Girlfriend!
    08-07-09 12:59 PM
    LOL.. I have mine protected and set to 4 tries before wipe, I have a bunch of sensitive data on the BB, But it is all backed up so it is all good, go ahead and wipe it!!!

And yes it will set everything except your OS to factory defaults.
    08-07-09 01:17 PM
    Who would let children and friends eff with their phone. Not me. My fone is my child. No one messes with my baby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 03:44 PM
    I'm not too fussed, but i wouldn't be best pleased if my 9 year old cousin typed in random words incorrectly 10 times lol.

But when i go back to university, i will most probably set it back on just incase i lost it :P
    08-07-09 03:48 PM
    Is there a work around if your phone is locked - mine won't play custom ringtones or display caller ID when locked.
    08-07-09 04:49 PM
    Is there a work around if your phone is locked - mine won't play custom ringtones or display caller ID when locked.
    Hmmm, it should work. Whenever I get a call while the phone is locked, there is the caller ID with image. Not too sure about custom ringtones as I haven't got that enabled.
    08-07-09 05:50 PM

mine works....my caller id works and my husband's custom ringtone works too
    08-07-09 06:50 PM

Another good reason to use DM to backup your files.
    08-07-09 07:41 PM
    I think I had the same problem.
    Setting - option - security - general - include contacts to no
    Hope it worked ^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD