Hi there i am a new owner of a 9310 and really annoyingly it asks for the password to be entered after every 2 minutes of inactivity. So i went to Settings/ Security /General Settings where the password option is, and this is locked with a little red padlock allowing no alternative but 'enabled' also the timeout duration is locked to 2 mins - also with a little red padlock.

this is enough to drive me mad. actually what really is enough to drive me mad is that none of the documentation from vodafone or blackberry gives me an answer.

if anyone can help me out of this i would really appreciate it.

thanks

tim
    02-03-09 07:45 AM
    do you have your company's email synced to your blackberry?
    02-03-09 07:49 AM
    Go to options > security options > general settings and scroll to the bottom. Do you see something in the services section? If so you are locked via your company policy and cannot change this.
    02-03-09 07:55 AM
    Go to options > security options > general settings and scroll to the bottom. Do you see something in the services section? If so you are locked via your company policy and cannot change this.
    thanks for this - just checked and services section only says ***no services*** so i think I'm clear on that.

i bought this handset from ebay and have just set it up on my personal email account - so no company policy from my end. is this something that could have been on there for the previous owner?
    02-03-09 09:57 AM
    sorry m3parker on your reply, i have only just acquired the handset. second hand. i have it set up for my personal email not company email but i don't know what was done in the past
    02-03-09 09:58 AM
    Yes IT policies can be left from prior owners. Check with them and see if the device was on a BES server. I believe there is forum here that will explain how to remove IT policies.
    02-03-09 09:59 AM
    Do a search for how to remote IT policy. You will be able to wipe the phone to factory, and then change anything you like on it.
    02-03-09 10:00 AM
    I have this same problem on an 8330, it will let me change the password, but not disable it. Anyone have any ideas?
    02-04-09 01:08 AM
    I have this same problem on an 8330, it will let me change the password, but not disable it. Anyone have any ideas?
    Exactly the same as what everyone has said. Do a Search for removing IT policy on the search tab and there are quite a few posts that explain how.
    02-04-09 01:11 AM
    Except that this is a brand new phone, purchased from the dealer, that has never HAD an IT policy on it.
    02-04-09 11:17 AM
    I got the same problem with my storm. i did a search and cant find nothing. can somebody help me how to remove the password.
    03-23-09 11:56 AM
    Except that this is a brand new phone, purchased from the dealer, that has never HAD an IT policy on it.
    Unless you were given a USED phone...
    03-23-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD