so i have 2 email accounts on my berry, an outlook and a gmail. for my outlook account, there are numerous times when il get an email from blackberry to my cell stating that the account needs to be validated by typing in my password. i sign into the email section, type my password, and then it always comes up with an 'error' message. when i click the back button, it then says its validated, but this happens really often. any ideas?
    08-10-09 04:17 PM
    so i have 2 email accounts on my berry, an outlook and a gmail. for my outlook account, there are numerous times when il get an email from blackberry to my cell stating that the account needs to be validated by typing in my password. i sign into the email section, type my password, and then it always comes up with an 'error' message. when i click the back button, it then says its validated, but this happens really often. any ideas?
    Which email does this happen with? Outlook email or Gmail? Is there an option to remember the password? You can try resending your service books, or delete the email account on your phone and set it back up again to see if that helps.
    08-10-09 04:20 PM
    oh my bad, yeah it happens to the outlook account....i click to save the password, but every time i click validate, an error message pops up.....ive deleted the account and set it back up and then it works for a week or two and then i get another email asking me to validate the password
    08-10-09 04:24 PM
    oh my bad, yeah it happens to the outlook account....i click to save the password, but every time i click validate, an error message pops up.....ive deleted the account and set it back up and then it works for a week or two and then i get another email asking me to validate the password
    When you set this account up, did you choose a password expiration? What kind of address is it? A .net, .org, .com etc...

Also, is it a Yahoo, MSN or AOL account that you set up in Outlook?
    08-10-09 04:27 PM
    im not sure about the password expiration, its a college account so its .edu but its an outlook acct that i set up in my mac laptop to filter through Entourage...
    08-10-09 05:02 PM
    im not sure about the password expiration, its a college account so its .edu but its an outlook acct that i set up in my mac laptop to filter through Entourage...
    I think maybe there's too many hoops being jumped through. Although I'm not familiar with Entourage, I think if you can take it out of the equation it might be better. Not sure.

Could be that the school administration who maintains the .edu addresses isn't working well with your BIS.
    08-10-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD