Is my assumption correct that when i purchase an application and use my PC via DM to upload to the BB, i am able to reuse this app for other BB devices (in case i loose my current phone, etc.)?

Also generally, whats the advantage/disadvantage of OTA vs DM?

Thanks!
    12-23-08 02:22 PM
    i beleive you are correct. this is one advantage to using DM. and advantage to OTA is that you don't need the pc, so it's a quicker install.
    12-23-08 02:24 PM
    Or if you save the e-mail with the OTA link, you can re-download at a later date. I do this with themes...
    12-23-08 02:26 PM
    Is my assumption correct that when i purchase an application and use my PC via DM to upload to the BB, i am able to reuse this app for other BB devices (in case i loose my current phone, etc.)?

Also generally, whats the advantage/disadvantage of OTA vs DM?

Thanks!
    FYI, If i'm not mistaken, some apps are locked to certain pins... for example, some applications will detect your pin and not work if it isn't the pin that was used when purchasing. not all apps do this, and some apps like Beejive offer a one-time-use version or an unlimited use one in case you lose or sell the phone. usually you cannot run it on more than phone at the same time.
    12-23-08 03:06 PM
    You are correct, there ia alot of applications, games, themes, etc. That are PIN specific, this prevents piracy...
    12-23-08 03:09 PM
    But if you purchased the app, and upgraded to a different BB, you should have the option of reinstalling the app to the new device. How does one go about that?
    12-23-08 03:15 PM
    But if you purchased the app, and upgraded to a different BB, you should have the option of reinstalling the app to the new device. How does one go about that?
    You could just contact them and tell them.
    I did this when I upgraded to the Curve and they sent me a link and registration key. I don't know if all apps(or app providers) work that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 05:15 PM
    there was a post with an app attached that will allow you to install OTA files through the BB DM.
    12-23-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD