I need the help and expertise of the crackberry geniuses again! I originally had the 4.5.079 OS on my VZW 8330 for quite awhile, it was working well; however like everyone on here I wanted a better, faster device (something the new OS's claim to provide). Therein lies the problem...

I've tried several of the newer OS's (current on device is: 4.5.0.169 (281), platform 3.4.0.51). Each time I've installed a new OS it works fine for a lil while then I experience several issues (mostly audio):

Audio:
    -loud CHIRPS on calls
    -no audio for calls, messages, etc
    -media player audio issue (audio processor busy)

Other:
    -3rd party apps not working (Viigo, Facebook)
    -after phone went to "App Error 200" with a white screen
    -happened once, fixed with battery pull

The only thing I can conclude is that I need to go back to 4.5.079 (as .138 does not have in-call timer, and i've heard multiple issues about that OS). I really love my Curve and don't really want to upgrade until Nov when Verizon releases their 3 new blackberries. I'm running out of choices, i'm missing meetings, calls from boss (due to no audio).

I appreciate any help, insight anybody can offer at all. I'm in dire need of guidance and willing to try anything (I've already gone through three of the newer OS's and willing to try anything).

Thanks VERY VERY VERY much!!!!
    09-03-09 11:44 AM
    I had some minor glitches when upgrading also, but I'm stubborn and wouldn't give up until I tried everything. Someone suggested wiping the phone with jlcmdr before installing the new OS. There is a section in the lecture series about it. This was the first time that I attempted an OS that I had to actually change the program for BEFORE installing it and if my semi-******** technically challenged self can do it, anyone can. Lol read through the hybrid OS forum, lots of help in there. They fixed all my glitches for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 05:13 PM
    I am sending my Curve back to .77 as well. I tried .131 because I had read it was faster and more stable. Nope! I went to .138 for the heck of it and it's absolutely awful. I get so annoyed waiting for it come out of backlight timeout, it's ridiculous. .77 wasn't great but it worked well enough.
    09-03-09 06:09 PM
    in the hybrid OS forum there are some links for radio codes from different OS builds. Might try just swapping your radio code for a better one if you like everything else? .169 radio on a hybrid OS has worked great for me. I believe there are also links for the old OS in there and RIM should have links to all of the old OS builds on their site.

09-03-09 06:21 PM
    I may just have to go try a hybrid I'm liking the new data transfer speeds with .169 and don't even mind the occasional CHIRP/CHEEP/BOOP/BEEP (whichever you wanna call it ). My only issue is with the phone randomly muting the profile sounds. Although I do miss the option to Delete from Phone, Delete from Server (when deleting mail).

Any thoughts on a version? It's been suggested to try .131, although after reading this thread i'm skeptical... My attempts started with .79, then .160, then currently .169

Thanks guys for the feedback!!
    09-04-09 03:10 PM
    I would avoid the .131 radio. I didn't realize how much the signal bounce actually reduced the capabilities of my bb until I went to the .169 hybrid. I still have the option to delete on handheld an mailbox on mine.
    I also had a pretty bad memory leak on .131

09-04-09 03:17 PM
    I used 4.5.0.169 as my base OS for the hybrid and it's working great. A lot more stable than .131 and twice as fast on the browser with no memory leak.

Look for a thread in the hybrid OS forum by lyricidal. He has links for the hybrid I used.

09-04-09 03:22 PM
    okay, thanks again! I'll look it up and give it a shot..
    09-04-09 03:23 PM
    I may just have to go try a hybrid I'm liking the new data transfer speeds with .169 and don't even mind the occasional CHIRP/CHEEP/BOOP/BEEP (whichever you wanna call it ). My only issue is with the phone randomly muting the profile sounds. Although I do miss the option to Delete from Phone, Delete from Server (when deleting mail).

Any thoughts on a version? It's been suggested to try .131, although after reading this thread i'm skeptical... My attempts started with .79, then .160, then currently .169

Thanks guys for the feedback!!
    The profiles/ringer/media player problems you are having are known to the .169 OS, as are the chirps.

If you want the fast data speeds of the .169 radio and are willing to put up with occasional chirps, then I recommend my version of lyricidal's/JustinAdams' hybrid on page 43, post #641 here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/4-5...2/index43.html

I have specidfically replaced the profile cod files with the .131 versions, so you won't have any ringer/notifications problems with my hybrid.
    09-04-09 03:28 PM
    Although I do miss the option to Delete from Phone, Delete from Server (when deleting mail).
    If I'm understanding you correctly, that's still part of the Messages app. You just have to turn it on in the app's Options, though I forget exactly where.
    09-04-09 04:28 PM
    Although I do miss the option to Delete from Phone, Delete from Server (when deleting mail).
    Messages, Menu, Options, Email Reconciliation, select your email acct, Delete On = Prompt. Save.
    09-04-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD