Did anyone with the 8520 upgrade OS yet?

Thanks to Crucial_Xtreme for posting 286.

I received my 8520 with .246 and upgraded to .272 so far. Prolly should have benchmarked the original OS, however, the crackberrian in me had the IMMEDIATE need to update.

Also, has anyone had luck D/L original OS from T-mobile BIS site? each time I've logged in, I've received a "the requested target is unavailable"
    08-29-09 06:29 PM
    Yup... I'm an upgradeaholic too

Mine came with .272 and I immediately upgraded to .286 as soon as it became available.

Can't understand why you would want to downgrade back to the TMob dinosaur OS though
    08-29-09 07:23 PM
    Just got the 8520...what is the major difference in the two if you don't mind me asking...
    08-30-09 11:00 AM
    Just got the 8520...what is the major difference in the two if you don't mind me asking...
    Nothing major really.

The changelog files are here if you want to see what's different... http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/le...0/#post3313820
    08-30-09 01:59 PM
    Yup... I'm an upgradeaholic too

Mine came with .272 and I immediately upgraded to .286 as soon as it became available.

Can't understand why you would want to downgrade back to the TMob dinosaur OS though
    Well, the upgradeaholic in me wants to see what Tmo USA is pushing as the available upgrade/current OS.
    I have yet to do a Wireless Update (symptom of the Upgrade thing) and I want to see the process in action....but we know how fast Tmo USA gives official OS upgrades (I'm thinking molasses is faster, in Canada, in February)

Hopefully that clears the :confusion:
    08-31-09 09:08 AM
    Well, the upgradeaholic in me wants to see what Tmo USA is pushing as the available upgrade/current OS.
    I have yet to do a Wireless Update (symptom of the Upgrade thing) and I want to see the process in action....but we know how fast Tmo USA gives official OS upgrades (I'm thinking molasses is faster, in Canada, in February)

Hopefully that clears the :confusion:
    That is so true! Lmao!
    08-31-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD