I just got my AT&T Curve 8310 yeasterday and decided to upgrade the OS before I installed any more software. The problem is, I downloaded and installed the new update, deleted the vendor file, then started the update. When it got the the section about restarting JVM or somehting like that, I ended up with an error 547 "flash write failed" and the only option is to reset, which does no good. I have tried reloading the same OS and have tried even using jl_cmder, but nither seem to help. What can I do?
    12-07-08 12:13 PM
    Bad news..

Read through this thread and follow Pete's advice.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/i-t...-screen-70609/
    12-07-08 12:17 PM
    I'm going to try a different OS rather than the one posted at the top of this forum, maybe that will be the key. There is no problem connecting to the device initially, something just goes bad halfway through the install...
    12-07-08 12:25 PM
    Why oh WHY do newbies insist on upgrading their OS? And why is it that 90% of them do it without reading the instructions given in SO many posts on this forum?!
    12-07-08 12:46 PM
    I wanted to do it early on so that I didn't have to worry about other 3rd party software. I did speand quite a bit of time reading the instructions posted around this forum, but I'm still having these problems. I really would appreciate some more advice, I just tried reloading another version, and the same problem happens when I get to the part where the device tries to reconnect to JVM.

Please, if you have some advice, I'd appreciate it. I'm not trying to be a pain, and I've spent quite a bit of time reading this over already.
    12-07-08 12:57 PM
    At this point the only advice I can give you is to read this thread on recovering a dead BB:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    12-07-08 01:05 PM
    At this point, nothing seems to be working. Is it possible my Curve has defective flash memory?
    12-07-08 01:24 PM
    Well, I'm pretty sure it's dead. I'm going to talk to AT&T, and not even connect my new one to the computer. I've tried everyting I could find on this site, and nothing works. How does everyone else get through updates without these issues? Now I'm terrified...
    12-07-08 01:58 PM
    Have you tried updating using this http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...44/#post498385 it might help you out...
    12-07-08 02:03 PM
    Crackmem works very well and I recommend it. Give it a shot. FYI, all of the upgrade procedures address 3rd party apps and settings. If you follow directions, your 3rd party apps and data would install with the upgrade. Check your PM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 02:09 PM
    547 "flash write failed" ...
    You know what they say.... it happens.
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I came across this with a CrackBerry search. It is rarely reported and the advice is similar to what has been suggested.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/hel...945/#post85962

Start with a clean OS download, use CrackMem to manage the vendor.xml file and execute the /NOJVM recovery.

12-07-08 02:25 PM
    Thanks to everyone who helped me out. I stopped by ATT and they replaced it for me, but also gave me the phone number for BB support in the future. I thought I had this well-researched and I really wanted to get some of thew new OS features working. I didn't try CrackMem, but I tried almost every other possible method I found on here to fix it. Nothing seemed to work.

The question now is this: should I even risk this a second time, or should I just live with the old OS and hope ATT releases a new one someday?
    12-07-08 05:53 PM
    Get comfortable with your device. Always start with fresh downloads and installs of desktop manager and the OS, and make sure it is the right OS for your device. Use CrackMem or one of the other good upgrade guides. Make sure you download, save and then install the downloads to your PC. Follow the directions and you should be OK, many are using the 4.5 for your device. There is no rush, and as I said, apploader will save and reinstall your settings and 3rd party apps. You were in a hurry and may have made a mistake. It happens, just relax and do it when you're ready. I waited a couple months before I did it the first time, and there are those who do it the first day. It all depends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 06:54 PM
    ummm... i just recently upgraded my blackberry to the 4.5 and everything is working perfectly.. except my alarm clock application/function. does anyone else have this problem? or is it just me? please help me.. i use this a lot.. i know i can get an alarm clock but i used my phone cause its very handy.
    thank you..
    12-12-08 09:30 AM
    My BB 8310 from ATT has been working perfectly for 2 years on OS 4.2. I upgraded last week to OS 4.5 from ATT site and it freezes every 30 seconds. Deleted Vendor.XML just in case, but no go.

Any suggestions (please)?
    03-23-09 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD