I am about to get a Sprint 8530 and i have read wildly varying reports from terrible to terrific battery life. Anyone have a sense of which build works best in this regard? (of course stability is paramount as well...)
    I know on my Tour, at the end of the day I would usually have around 30% power remaining. Have you found the 8530 to be better or worse than the Tour in terms of battery usage?
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 12:57 PM
    I'm usually at around 30-40% at the end of the day with the 8530, I'm running .654 from TELUS which is the same as Sprint's. That's from heavy tabbed browsing with BOLT, and text/email.
    06-06-10 02:03 PM
    I am about to get a Sprint 8530 and i have read wildly varying reports from terrible to terrific battery life. Anyone have a sense of which build works best in this regard? (of course stability is paramount as well...)
    I know on my Tour, at the end of the day I would usually have around 30% power remaining. Have you found the 8530 to be better or worse than the Tour in terms of battery usage?
    Thanks.

People often complain about the battery life because their phones are still new, the battery takes about a week or so to condition up. Have you ever noticed that "newbies" are the only ones that complain about battery life? No offense to newbies =). And I'm currently using .654 and my battery usually lasts a day and a half, or two.
    06-06-10 02:46 PM
    Ok I have had mines for a week and am totally new to blackberry. So in order to preserve battery life what should I do? I know mine is still new but I still want to know what to do
    06-06-10 04:22 PM
    Ok I have had mines for a week and am totally new to blackberry. So in order to preserve battery life what should I do? I know mine is still new but I still want to know what to do
    Make sure you charge it regularly, make sure you have the latest OS, close applications when you're not using it, and the most important one, turn off mobile network when you're in area with low signal or service. Then, after a week or so, you will notice a huge different.

06-06-10 05:52 PM
    im am running os .459 and i have to say my battery life is not the best and i have had this phone for about 3 months now ... i have to charge atleast 2 times a day it does not last me a full 8 hours so now i am looking into getting a second battery
    06-06-10 08:04 PM
    im am running os .459 and i have to say my battery life is not the best and i have had this phone for about 3 months now ... i have to charge atleast 2 times a day it does not last me a full 8 hours so now i am looking into getting a second battery
    Upgrade to .654, it'll improve your phone's battery life.

06-06-10 08:19 PM
    What about updating from.601? Is there any noticible difference in battery life?

06-06-10 10:57 PM
    i think mine is great i charge it over night, it lasts me from 7;30 am to atleast 12 pm with atleast 40-50% battery, im a heavy texter/bbm and i also talk sometimes , it has a pretty good battery i have to admit (y)
    06-07-10 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD