Hi guys,

I have Srint and recently upgrade my blackberry 8330 from OS 4.5 to OS 5.0 (the leaked version). What I have been observing is that while in a call, my phone would shut down on itself for no reason. Sometimes I am on the call, and getting a text message, it would cause my phone to shut down.

I don't know if anyone who upgraded their 8330 from 4.5 to 5.0 experiencing the similar problems, but you know it takes a long time for this phone to reboot.

Thanks in advance.
    07-12-10 09:17 PM
    Have you used a hybrid OS.?
    I think it would be better.
    Nathanix hybrids.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 09:24 PM
    I haven't heard of Hybrid? I just went to the website, Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Hybrid OS 5.0 Guide. Is this safe? have you tried before?
    07-12-10 10:30 PM
    the latest hybrid version is at bbtweaks.com

Get it there. nathanix is shutdown. Make sure you WIPE before you reinstall the OS.
    07-13-10 10:07 AM
    You could always use an official release, then strip it down using the instructions in the "How to" section using the Memory Optimization Procedure. I started with the Boost version OS 5 which works flawlessly but is pretty overweight. Then using the techniques from the MOP now have 32Mb of file free memory and my bb purrs. I admit I was tempted to install another OS before I tried this. But there are advantages to starting with an officially released OS. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD