For several links (ESPN) and for Docs To Go, it seems as if the Verizon Wireless browser is the default browser. Everytime I use the Verizon browser, I get a Connection Timed Out error. I can open the exact same link in the BlackBerry browser and everything is fine. Quite frustrating as I can no longer use my ESPN shortcut and a few other.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
    11-26-08 09:30 AM
    This happnes with a few website on my Curve with the BlackBerry browser as well. it seems that some sites are either too big, graphic intense or certain features of the site just don't work with the browser.

i downloaded and use Opera Mini as an alternative browser. it can format and handle most site properly. As an example orbitz.com, teva.com and full ebay.

Opera Mini OTA Download link: http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?cert=...ion=hifi&rel=4

Also make sure your BlackBerry browser is configured properly. Clear your cache on a regular basis too.

Browser
    Menu
    Options
    Browser Configuration

Make sure all boxes are checked.

Show images: WML & HTML
    Emulation Mode: BlackBerry
    11-26-08 09:38 AM
    I have had 4.5 for while now and have no problem with my ESPN launcher. Try deleting and redownloading it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 09:40 AM
    I deleted/installed two times (with battery pulls) and still have the same issue. It is just the launcher that is the problem as it seems to open the OEM browser. In the BlackBerry browser, the ESPN site works great. I have the same issue with the CNN launcher, but the Weather Channel launcher works as it opens the BB browser.
    Last edited by BigDog34; 11-26-08 at 09:53 AM.
    11-26-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD