It all began when I installed a new (free) theme for my 8320. After the theme was installed I decided to switch back to my previous theme because I don't feel like it, but when I browse the menu I can't seem to find the option icon! I didn't hide anything on the menu before. I did battery pull but it still missing.

I got panic and restore my phone but now when I go to menu > Option > About > Nothing happens. Anybody have any idea? I still can see the App Version with alt+caps+H.
    08-15-09 09:57 PM
    Did you use MaxMem app or CrackUtil programs to delete your VAD-Voice Activated Dialing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 10:02 PM
    The only thing I'm aware of that does that is deleting Voice Activated Dialing. Would that apply here?

Last edited by jbeachy; 08-15-09 at 10:12 PM.
    08-15-09 10:03 PM
    Yeah, if you delete VAD that will cause your about not to function.

08-15-09 10:08 PM
    Thanks for quick reply. Yes I did, with MaxMem. Is there any way to fix it?
    08-15-09 10:19 PM
    What OS are you using, well find it and download it then wipe your OS you have now and re install it. Make sure you have a back-up to restore your contacts and 3rd party apps. Look into the How To forums on this process. I've never done it before so I can't explain the process to you.

08-15-09 10:27 PM
    You have to have a copy of your BB OS installed on your computer. Then using Desktop Manager's Application Loader, you check off the Voice Activated Dialing in the application list to be loaded on your BB, then click Next.
    08-15-09 10:29 PM
    What OS are you using, well find it and download it then wipe your OS you have now and re install it.
    Wiping the OS is not necessary.
    08-15-09 10:30 PM
    Sorry xliderider, I thought when you deleted the VAD you had to re install the OS from using MaxMem cause I heard it is gone for good, unlike if you use CrackUtil.

08-15-09 10:37 PM
    if you need to see your os info from homescreen hold down ALT and type EACE and you will see your info
    08-15-09 10:39 PM
    if you need to see your os info from homescreen hold down ALT and type EACE and you will see your info
    Alt, shift + H also works.
    08-15-09 10:40 PM
    Duck, using ALT+Left Shift+H works better!

08-15-09 10:40 PM
    Duck that is not available when you delete your VAD using MaxMem.

Sorry, Tripster, but it is.
    08-15-09 10:41 PM
    Duck that is not available when you delete your VAD using MaxMem.

thx i didnt know that, never used maxmem sorry about that
    08-15-09 10:43 PM
    Xliderider again I was thinking about something else when I wrote that. Sorry. I meant to reply with what I just edited.

08-15-09 10:44 PM
    thx i didnt know that, never used maxmem sorry about that
    I edited what I said! Sorry!

08-15-09 10:46 PM
    Oh now I'm confused, do I have to install the whole OS or just the VAD? I have the OS installed on my computer but I just upgraded about a week ago. That was my first upgrade and I swear I can almost hear my heartbeat for like 50 minutes..
    08-15-09 10:50 PM
    Oh now I'm confused, do I have to install the whole OS or just the VAD? I have the OS installed on my computer but I just upgraded about a week ago. That was my first upgrade and I swear I can almost hear my heartbeat for like 50 minutes..
    If you want VAD back, follow the directions in post #7, if you don't want/need VAD, use Alt EACE, or Alt shift + H to see your memory.
    08-15-09 10:54 PM
    Oh ok, if there are no side effects I think I can live with Alt shift + H. I never used VAD anyway.
    Thanks everyone, Cheers!
    08-15-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD