I recently got a 8330. Today I was browsing themes. I by mistake downloaded a theme for a 8830. Does this harm my device. The reason I ask is now when I go to options....themes...and then enter with the track ball. I get"no preview available" It happens real quick. And then my 5 standard themes appear. Did I cause this? Outside of that everything else is fine.

r.s.

also u can email me at [email protected]
    02-16-09 06:38 PM
    Delete the theme. Options>advanced>applications> find the theme in question and menu delete........ restart when it asks you to. Once you are booted back up go back in to themes to see if this :blink" goes away.
    02-16-09 06:39 PM
    I did and went where u told me....however the theme is not there?
    02-16-09 06:49 PM
    That is because its not compatible with your device. You would need to remove this from your desktop manager I believe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:51 PM
    I stand corrected - Try the DM removal, I have yet to do that for a theme so I wish you the best....
    02-16-09 06:55 PM
    Its quite simple. Go to where you would add an app, except you will want to uncheck the box and it will change to remove. Then just continue and your device will restart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:58 PM
    I am kinda new to my device. Not sure if I follow? Is add an app in the applications menu?
    02-16-09 07:02 PM
    I am kinda new to my device. Not sure if I follow? Is add an app in the applications menu?
    Im assuming you downloaded the theme from your phones browser? The theme isn't showing up because it is not meant for your phone. The "no preview available" will change for the themes that do work with your phone. If one of your built in themes do not show, let it load a bit. Mine does it all the time since I have many themes.

And with "add an app" they are refering to desktop manager. There is a cd that comes with your phone, install desktop mangager to your comp.
    02-16-09 07:32 PM
    I actually loaded it from the web and attempted to then connect with usb and save it as a pic. The file showed up and I did delete it. That's when the "no preview avail" showed up. Thanks for the help, I need to get a new disk, mine came not working.

Thanks,

r.s.
    02-16-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD