So, here's my situation. I have an 8900 through T-Mobile and I love the phone. I've always loved BB's. I recently managed to get my hands on a 2G iPhone. I've unlocked it and jailbroke it and have played around with it. It is an enjoyable piece of hardware but I still would rather use my BB. Should I just hold onto the iPhone and use it as an iPod and for various other stuff or would I be better off getting rid of it and getting an iPod touch? What does everyone think? Thanks.
    08-11-09 02:37 PM
    If you have the money to spare to own both devices then go for it. The iPhoney is for fun and the BB is for fun too but mostly for work.
    08-11-09 02:40 PM
    If you have the money to spare to own both devices then go for it. The iPhoney is for fun and the BB is for fun too but mostly for work.
    The iPhone didn't cost me anything. It was given to me as a thanks for something I did for them. I've found that I could trade it for an iPod touch and it would be more or less a fair trade, but do I really need to go through that hassle?
    08-11-09 02:44 PM
    I would keep the iPhoney over the Touch since it is a phone as well. In case your BB ever goes down for any reason you would have a backup?
    08-11-09 02:46 PM
    I would keep the iPhoney over the Touch since it is a phone as well. In case your BB ever goes down for any reason you would have a backup?
    Probably not a bad idea. The iPhone sucks as an actual phone, though.
    08-11-09 02:47 PM
    Probably not a bad idea. The iPhone sucks as an actual phone, though.
    Yea, I hear ya. A bad phone is better than no phone when you are in a jam though!
    08-11-09 02:55 PM
    The iPhone didn't cost me anything. It was given to me as a thanks for something I did for them. I've found that I could trade it for an iPod touch and it would be more or less a fair trade, but do I really need to go through that hassle?
    I am certain thatwhatever you decide to do - you will be happy with your decision. I am leaning towards the iPod Touch because I own one. At any rate - I'm sure you have had a wonderful time playing around with your new toy. I know I do. LOL!

Peace...
    08-11-09 03:14 PM
    Yea just keep the iphone. The only real need for the touch that I can see would be the size factor. Other than that, its always cool to just have an iphone as a backup

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 03:16 PM
    +1 on keeping the phone. A nice back up is the way to go. Plus iPod touch prices will only go down, so if you really become unhappy you could probably just buy one.
    08-11-09 03:20 PM
    I would keep the 8900 as my phone (great BB & phone!) and use the iphone2G has if it were an ipod touch, no need to actually get one, just use the ipod function, and wifi functions of the iphone without putting your SIM in there.
    08-11-09 03:29 PM
    Use the iPhone as an iPod touch. I have an iPod touch and it's a great complement to my BB for media. I'm going to really need it when I sell the 8900 and have to use the 8700 for maybe a month or 2 waiting for the Driftwood. Using the 8700 really makes you know what BBs are all about, messaging. They do other things well but messaging is the primary strength of a BlackBerry.
    08-11-09 03:51 PM
    Thanks everyone for their opinions. I'm gonna keep the iPhone as a backup phone/media player. It seems like the most sensible thing to do.
    08-11-09 04:08 PM
    Other than the radio reciever what the heck differance is there between an Iphone and an Ipod Touch?
    08-11-09 04:11 PM
    Other than the radio reciever what the heck differance is there between an Iphone and an Ipod Touch?
    Bigger battery, GPS, camera, microphone and speaker built-in. Apple will change the touch having a slower CPU and less RAM than the iPhone with the 3G touch. I have a 1G touch and the only things that would get me to upgrade are GPS and a bigger battery.
    08-11-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD