1 why to text it takes you away from the page into a text box can u stop this?

2 on a curve thought I can view pages in landscape mode by pushing *# something like that why is it not working what am I doing wrong... Also the keypad says I can scroll but the 4 and 6 key me do nothing but the 2 and 8 let me scroll up and down.... Any help?
    Is there a link that details the short cut keys?
    Can I make the browser defaut?
    Why the **** when I get an email the pictures do not load in my message window and I need to go to browser tpo view pictures in an email is that a setting I can change to?
    Thanks
    Last edited by AaronJP; 03-13-09 at 05:34 AM.
    03-13-09 05:31 AM
    What version opera mini do you have? The text in another page I guess is just how it was programmed. No way I know of to change it. 4 and 6 should scroll left/right, respectively. Check out their website for shortcuts. You can't set opera as a default browser. As for e-mail pictures I haven't read any e-mail, though I did hear that opera displays the security text on craiglist as opposed to the built-in browsers not being able to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 06:18 AM
    Thought of another ? When I first open Opera it asks if I want to establish a low level internet connection is there a way to turn this off
    03-13-09 06:23 AM
    Hmm. I would like to get rid of that as well. I know it's for security. I don't know if it has to do with IT policy. Just guessing but I don't think it does.

03-13-09 06:38 AM
    Any more answers?
    I also saw what is the in the settings it says
    Protocol: Socket or you can change it to HTTP...
    what does that mean?
    03-13-09 08:45 PM
    Any more answers?
    I also saw what is the in the settings it says
    Protocol: Socket or you can change it to HTTP...
    what does that mean?
    socket loads pages faster.

opera is a great browser. be patient and get to know it. once you master it you'll love how easy it is to use. its the most realistic browser for bb and the best at rendering desktop like pages.
    03-13-09 11:20 PM
    2 on a curve thought I can view pages in landscape mode by pushing *# something like that why is it not working what am I doing wrong...
    never heard of that. maybe for another platform/device?

the curve cannot turn a page sideways like an iphone.
    03-13-09 11:21 PM

opera is a great browser. be patient and get to know it. once you master it you'll love how easy it is to use. its the most realistic browser for bb and the best at rendering desktop like pages.
    Agreed, I loved Opera initially because it did a fantastic job rendering pages. I started to favor the BB Browser a bit more, but Opera is one of the best 3rd party apps for browsing BB has ever seen (Bolt might take that spot, but thats long away).
    03-13-09 11:26 PM
    The BB browser has gotten better to be like opera but opera still renders html pages a lot quicker IMO. I use bb browser first and for the bigger pages, opera.

03-13-09 11:54 PM

Cool didnt know what the difference is... But I will leave it on socket.
    Thanks for everyone answers & quick responses.
    03-14-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD