I have a Curve 8310 and I'm currently on ATT. I wanna sell my curve, probably on ebay, and put the money I get for it towards a new phone. I'm thinking of getting the following:

BB Curve 8520
    BB Curve 3G 9300
    or
    iPhone 4

Now, let me just say that I've been a BB user for about 3 years now, and have never considered of getting a phone that's not a BB. But at this point I'm considering it. The reason for this is primarily because of the browser on my BB. And also because of how slow certain sites take to load. And of course, cant forget this one, because of the lack of memory on my curve. I've always had memory issues with my BB since day one. I literally do about 10 or more battery pulls a day.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm still considering two other BBs. I will like to get the opinion of all you guys out there as to which phone I should get. If I do go with the Curve 3G, I would have to switch to T-Tombile, which means breakig my contract with ATT and paying a early termination fee. Which rite now is about $100 because my contract expires in May of next year.

If I get the Curve 8520 I think I can get for free or maybe like $50 because I'll get it as an upgrade through ATT in January which is when I'm eligible.

Or, if I get the iPhone, It would be $99 through ATT.

Im just looking to get the opinions of others as to what would be the best choice mostly based on performance (how fast), capacity (memory, I'm tired of doing battery pulls), and being able to view webpages just like if I was browsing on my computer.

Thanks in advaced guys...
    09-12-10 03:36 PM
    I have a Curve 8310 and I'm currently on ATT. I wanna sell my curve, probably on ebay, and put the money I get for it towards a new phone. I'm thinking of getting the following:

BB Curve 8520
    BB Curve 3G 9300
    or
    iPhone 4

Now, let me just say that I've been a BB user for about 3 years now, and have never considered of getting a phone that's not a BB. But at this point I'm considering it. The reason for this is primarily because of the browser on my BB. And also because of how slow certain sites take to load. And of course, cant forget this one, because of the lack of memory on my curve. I've always had memory issues with my BB since day one. I literally do about 10 or more battery pulls a day.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm still considering two other BBs. I will like to get the opinion of all you guys out there as to which phone I should get. If I do go with the Curve 3G, I would have to switch to T-Tombile, which means breakig my contract with ATT and paying a early termination fee. Which rite now is about $100 because my contract expires in May of next year.

If I get the Curve 8520 I think I can get for free or maybe like $50 because I'll get it as an upgrade through ATT in January which is when I'm eligible.

Or, if I get the iPhone, It would be $99 through ATT.

Im just looking to get the opinions of others as to what would be the best choice mostly based on performance (how fast), capacity (memory, I'm tired of doing battery pulls), and being able to view webpages just like if I was browsing on my computer.

Thanks in advaced guys...
    If you are concerned about browser issues and you want to consider a BlackBerry you should eliminate the 8530 from consideration because it will not be getting OS/6 with the webkit browsing experience.

The 9300 Curve will get webkit browsing and if you like the iPhone then you should at least test out the BB Torch. It has a touchscreen, OS/6 browsing, and a $99 price similar to the Apple (if you buy it online). Seems like a good compromise if you are really open to multiple product consideration. If you just want the iPhone you should just get one however. Do whatever makes you the happiest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 07:29 PM
    If you are all about the browser than blackberry is not for you, even though you have one right now. Since you're on ATT why don't you just get the Samsung Galaxy instead, I think you will like it more than the iPhone.

09-12-10 07:48 PM
    If you are concerned about browser issues and you want to consider a BlackBerry you should eliminate the 8530 from consideration because it will not be getting OS/6 with the webkit browsing experience.

The 9300 Curve will get webkit browsing and if you like the iPhone then you should at least test out the BB Torch. It has a touchscreen, OS/6 browsing, and a $99 price similar to the Apple (if you buy it online). Seems like a good compromise if you are really open to multiple product consideration. If you just want the iPhone you should just get one however. Do whatever makes you the happiest.

Thanks for the reply. I went to the ATT store and played around with the Torch. Gotta be honest, I didnt like it too much. Something about the slider, and the fact that it has both touch screen and a keyboard. Call me crazy or weird, but thats just what I think. I know this is what most people have been waiting for on a BB. But it just didnt do it for me. The 9300 Curve I feel wont be such a huge change for me, beaing that I have a curve now. Except of course for the OS 6 and the webkit browser as you mentioned. The thing with this is that I would have to switch to T-Mobile as I already mentioned.

I dont know, I guess Im having somekind of "loyalty" crisis here. One to ATT, being that Ive been with them for about 10 yrs. And Of course to BB. I remember when I first got my curve; started with the 8300, then the 8310. I said I would never own another phone that wasnt a BB. For me it just does eveything you can ever ask for in a smartphone.

I guess I have some pondering to do. Anyhow, thanks for the reply.
    09-13-10 06:29 AM
    If you are all about the browser than blackberry is not for you, even though you have one right now. Since you're on ATT why don't you just get the Samsung Galaxy instead, I think you will like it more than the iPhone.

Thanks for the reply. Didnt know about this phone. Will check it out. Thx.
    09-13-10 06:30 AM
    i played with the 9300 this weekend, great keyboard, blows the 9700 away in that dept. with tmo you have voip over wifi, gps, 650mhz and 3g so its not exactly what you are using and depending on your service area you will not look back @ att with any fondness, tmo is a great carrier that does not nickle and dime its customers. the slide is ugly imo. if you want to surf skip the berry and move on, putting the browser aside the screen on rim devices is 2 small for any type of decent internet experience imo. rim=battery life, good email/sms, unbeatable outlook sync and good physical kbs depending on the device. the galaxy as mentioned is a great device but poor battery life. did you consider waiting for this sucker? I would. HSPA + Smartphone | T-Mobile also like the colors on the 9300, too bad they blew the camera, that would be the deal breaker for me but other than that great device
    Last edited by kurtla; 09-13-10 at 09:45 AM.
    09-13-10 09:43 AM

So I checked out the Samsung Galaxy as you recommended and I gotta say, thanks but no thanks. No offense to you, but this device is not for me. All because of one reason, TOO BIG. LOL.
    09-13-10 10:13 AM
    i played with the 9300 this weekend, great keyboard, blows the 9700 away in that dept. with tmo you have voip over wifi, gps, 650mhz and 3g so its not exactly what you are using and depending on your service area you will not look back @ att with any fondness, tmo is a great carrier that does not nickle and dime its customers. the slide is ugly imo. if you want to surf skip the berry and move on, putting the browser aside the screen on rim devices is 2 small for any type of decent internet experience imo. rim=battery life, good email/sms, unbeatable outlook sync and good physical kbs depending on the device. the galaxy as mentioned is a great device but poor battery life. did you consider waiting for this sucker? I would. HSPA + Smartphone | T-Mobile also like the colors on the 9300, too bad they blew the camera, that would be the deal breaker for me but other than that great device
    Very nice, I signed up for the notification of when it comes out. Thanks. Now I'm starting to consider switching to another phone/carrier. I still feel the guilt though. LOL
    09-13-10 10:22 AM
    So I checked out the Samsung Galaxy as you recommended and I gotta say, thanks but no thanks. No offense to you, but this device is not for me. All because of one reason, TOO BIG. LOL.
    Its about the same size as iPhone. I have the Galaxy with tmo (as well as 9300) and it is a good phone, especially if you plan on using the browser a lot.

09-13-10 10:49 AM

Well thats your opinion, my opinion is that browsing on my old Curve 8530 was more than adequate, add in a webkit browser and it would be perfectly fine for browsing.
    09-13-10 01:45 PM
    Well thats your opinion, my opinion is that browsing on my old Curve 8530 was more than adequate, add in a webkit browser and it would be perfectly fine for browsing.
    the op is looking @ an iphone, adequate for hitting a quick phone # or reading cnn and that's about it. try using an android or iphone and get back to me. I outlined the strenghts of the device, everyone knows what berries can do and what they can't. screen size and processor/video speed are what make an internet experence more than adequate
    09-13-10 02:32 PM
    the op is looking @ an iphone, adequate for hitting a quick phone # or reading cnn and that's about it. try using an android or iphone and get back to me. I outlined the strenghts of the device, everyone knows what berries can do and what they can't. screen size and processor/video speed are what make an internet experence more than adequate

Dude I've owned a WebOs phone, Android phone, iphone, and a blackberry. I know what they are all capable of. Sure the iphone will make a better internet experience than a blackberry, but that doesn't mean the internet experience on a blackberry is worthless.
    09-14-10 11:17 AM
    did not say worthless, just limited. its a knee **** reaction, whenever someone says 'internet' as a use and does not mention email I usually point them in a different direction than a berry although the 9800 is not a bad little device. its all about getting the right tool for the job - I like to type with one hand sometime and like suretype whereas most people would throw what I use in the trash, 31 flavors
    09-14-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD