Hello. Please forgive me for this question, I did do a search for previous threads, but came up empty...

I have one email account on my BB Curve 8310. I would like to be able to change the alert tone for particular incoming emails according to the sender. For example, if I receive an email from [email protected] I would like the tone to be different than all other alerts.

I have read about changing the Level 1 tone, but that tone seems to control in-coming PIN messages which we use a lot for work.

Any simple way to do this?

Thanks!!
    09-16-09 02:49 PM
    09-16-09 02:50 PM
    We are a government agency... $4.95 a phone will cause massive heart attacks in accounting. Any way to do it through the device for free?
    09-16-09 02:58 PM
    nope...it is a paid app...maybe they could work something with you for buying it in bulk?
    09-16-09 03:00 PM
    Not from what I know, it's a pay application. Not unless there is a similar free application...

::::Hides from Amber::::
    09-16-09 03:00 PM
    It surprizes that the BB can recognize telephone numbers and produce specific ring tones for each caller, but not for a particular email address...
    09-16-09 03:03 PM
    Not from what I know, it's a pay application. Not unless there is a similar free application...

::::Hides from Amber::::
    You better hide Robby...I'm gonna get cha!!

It surprizes that the BB can recognize telephone numbers and produce specific ring tones for each caller, but not for a particular email address...
    Idk wo/man that is just the way bbs work.
    09-16-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD