In comparison with the pearl and 83xx curve, which I've already owned, the 8900 lcd is more sensible to the fingers touch from the outside... Is it berry easy to crack the screen? Do you recommend a hard cover?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 11:38 AM
    The screen is a lot stronger than you would think. I sometimes put my phone in my back pocket and sit on it because I forgot. My screen is 10/10. No scratches only smears from my fingers. I've also dropped my phone a couple of times. You can get a screen protector if you're paranoid.
    08-09-09 02:05 PM
    The screen is a lot stronger than you would think. I sometimes put my phone in my back pocket and sit on it because I forgot. My screen is 10/10. No scratches only smears from my fingers. I've also dropped my phone a couple of times. You can get a screen protector if you're paranoid.
    Thanks, its a really different lcd from my past bbs, I was surprised when i accidentaly strongly pressed the screen and I see like the ink movement.. Good to know it isnt something to worry about.!
    08-09-09 02:31 PM
    It's not a touch screen so can't quite understand why people are PRESSING it?
    08-09-09 03:23 PM
    Thanks, its a really different lcd from my past bbs, I was surprised when i accidentaly strongly pressed the screen and I see like the ink movement.. Good to know it isnt something to worry about.!
    The thing that concerns me is you said "accidentaly strongly", should they be used together?

Even with normal LCD's such as PSPs and other mobile phones, if you press the screen, you will see the ink movement. Nothing to worry about. Just don't press it hard again
    08-09-09 04:19 PM
    Wow, I just love how you new people hop on here and just expect your questions answered so quickly.

Maybe a bunch of people saw the topic, came in and read what you wrote and decided not to answer because it's not a Storm, so why would you be pressing the screen. So instead of pointing out to you that it's a standard LCD and not a SurePress display, they went on to better topics.

I don't know; just a guess.
    Try to read better before Answering or just chill, it aint a big deal..., i was just asking for help, that is the purpose of forums dude.
    Thanks for your help people, it was really usefull!!!

08-09-09 04:48 PM
    Try to read better before Answering or just chill, it aint a big deal..., i was just asking for help, that is the purpose of forums dude.
    Thanks for your help people, it was really usefull!!!

Read which part better? You did beg for someone to answer a question which frankly didn't need to be answered. It's not a touch screen, so don't press it. Do you stick your thumb on your LCD TV expecting something to happen? If you simply can't stop yourself from wanting to poke it, then buy a screen protector/hard cover to protect it from yourself.
    08-09-09 04:57 PM
    Woow you r so easily pissed off...hahaha

08-09-09 05:35 PM
    OP, I always use a hard case to protect my BB from anything I can put it through.
    08-09-09 05:48 PM
    yojosefo, can i ask you a question?
    08-09-09 06:53 PM
    It's not a touch screen so can't quite understand why people are PRESSING it?
    +1 on that!

08-09-09 06:58 PM
    LOL, I am away from the forums for one day to drink some beers and cook with family and padamonum breaks out when people don't get quick answers!

@OP - You definitely need a screen protector for the 8900 since the screen does not have an additional plastic layer over it like previous models of Blackberries did. Also, don't push on the damn screen! :P

08-09-09 07:07 PM
    So true. So true. On to another thread......
    08-09-09 07:43 PM
    Take the argument to PM please.
    08-09-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD