My phone was sitting here charing via usb/outlet. I checked on it after a while and the screen was purple!! I mashed the red button until it turned off!! Now its back on and fine again. What was that all about? It is only 3 days old! Is this normal? Sorry to be going crazy here but this is why I didn't want the iPhone. I had a similar thing happened to my iPod Touch and I got treated like crap even though it was THEIR hardware fault.

I got my phone from Radio Shack so..
    Last edited by helo12; 08-10-09 at 10:35 PM.
    08-10-09 10:19 PM
    My phone was sitting here charing via usb/outlet. I checked on it after a while and the screen was purple!! I mashed the red button until it turned off!! Now its back on and fine again. What was that all about? It is only 3 days old! Is this normal? Sorry to be going crazy here but this is why I didn't want the iPhone. I had a similar thing happened to my iPod Touch and I got treated like crap even though it was THEIR hardware fault.

I got my phone from Radio Shack so..
    Do a Phone Swap, and try out a different device.

Never expose the phone to extreme heat or let the LCD sit in the sun, this might be causing the discoloration.

In the future, the red button is pretty much useless for powering off. You have to do a battery pull.
    08-10-09 10:37 PM
    Yeah I know I have never exposed it to extreme conditions at all and I've never dropped it.. etc. Do you think it was hardware or just the way it may have been plugged in to charge? I know sometimes in my other devices a mini usb can sometimes slide out and become inserted partially or crooked, could this be it or do you think it's definitely more hardware (defective) related?
    Last edited by helo12; 08-11-09 at 01:41 AM.
    08-10-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD