Please, you gotta have very advanced knowledge if you are capable to help me with this!

Everything started yesterday... The capability to surf the web using apn/bis disseapeared in the bb browser, for no reason, and it is stucked in Hotspot Connection ONLY.
    last night, I received like 9 mails in my account, but NONE in the device.
    Today in the morning I fully restored the OS with a complete wipe and reinstallation of everything.
    The real mess started when it rebooted, It didnt download the email setup applications, or any of the bis applications... of course, not my email, PIN messaeges, maps, etc...
    The thing is I DO HAVE BIS AND APN in my service...

This is my connection status:

(Manage Connections- Service status)

Voice Services: Available
    Connection: Mobile Network

Blackberry Internet Service: Not connected.

Blackberry Enterprise service : Not connected.

Mobile network : 4/5(signal)
    EDGE
    Mobile network Provider
    Telcel GSM

I can use APN connection, but the bis doesnt respond.
    Ive already reinstalled, rewiped everything.
    Checked all the permissions, etc...

Whats going on!

Please help me guys!!!

I forgot, in options, advanced, hosting routing table... I can register it, and I receive the mail that says:
    your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.
    Last edited by yojosefo; 08-05-09 at 10:04 PM.
    08-05-09 10:01 PM
    I believe there's a way to send the service books from the BIS site. Have you tried that?
    08-05-09 10:07 PM
    Done that several times... But no luck, no services what so ever... Thanks btw
    08-05-09 10:08 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? (That was a joke by the way).

Seriously, wish I could help you. What happened right before it got stuck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:13 PM
    ahahaha, I was about to say : whats going on with this ....

hahaha, nothing, it stopped working no reason at all, ALL DAY trying to make it work.
    08-05-09 10:15 PM
    Did you try connecting to Desktop Manager and reloading the Setup Wizard and BB Maps through the Applcation Loader wizard?

08-05-09 10:17 PM
    ahahaha, I was about to say : whats going on with this ....

hahaha, nothing, it stopped working no reason at all, ALL DAY trying to make it work.
    It sounds like it may be carrier related. I would call your carrier and make sure everything is fine on there end.
    08-05-09 10:19 PM
    yes, no luck! :S

actually my theory is it has something to do with the 5.0 messenger, because when I reinstall the device OS, i got naturally the 4.5 messenger that came with the OS, but in applications it says is 5.0 version, so as in my computer....but is the old BBM 4.5....

Im going to start over, reinstall the manager...the OS, ETC... long night ahead....:S
    08-05-09 10:20 PM
    Nothing to do with the carrier, tried my gsm in another blackberry and instantly loaded everything.. thanks btw
    08-05-09 10:22 PM
    What version of DM are you using? Stay away from 4.7, especially if you are going to reload the software.

08-05-09 10:23 PM
    It sounds like it may be carrier related. I would call your carrier and make sure everything is fine on there end.
    What version of DM are you using? Stay away from 4.7, especially if you are going to reload the software.

No Im in 4.2, this has been working great updating all devices.. Thanks

Any other thoughs?
    08-05-09 10:26 PM

Whats wrong with 4.7?
    08-05-09 10:28 PM
    No Im in 4.2, this has been working great updating all devices.. Thanks

Any other thoughs?
    Try using 4.6, remember to use Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs to uninstall your 4.2 first.

4.7 can be buggy when used with Curves and Pearls, especially for OS updates.

08-05-09 10:33 PM
    Whats wrong with 4.7?
    Nothing, if you have a Storm, or a newer BB like a Bold or 8900. Tour owners had problems with backups using 4.7 though.

08-05-09 10:34 PM
    New thoughts? help :S
    08-05-09 10:51 PM
    Any chancy you put an IT policy by accident? Options/status and press buyr. This will say it policy if its there. I would also check your firewall settings. If this does or doesn't work, I would suggest downloading jlcmdr (search for it) and use this to wipe your bb. See if this helps.

08-05-09 11:05 PM
    I don't think bbm is related to your problem - why would that affect browser?

08-05-09 11:15 PM
    The thing is, it has tricked my PC and my phone to be on 5.0.0, when it actually is in 4.5.... I will reinstall everything again, and try the policy stuff asap, it is rebooting.... Thanks..
    08-05-09 11:17 PM
    I'm on WAP - so, I can't see your carrier. I know with Big Red you can dial *228 or * 287 or something like that to kind of ... Re-orint the signal or find a better cell tower.

I find it usefull when traveling. When I get to a new town I *287 (I forget what it is) and get more bars. Or maybe it just seems like it.

Just give it a shot. Couldn't hurt.

08-05-09 11:18 PM
    wooow , also trying that as soon as my phone reboots after a full restore. Thanks!
    08-05-09 11:23 PM
    Don't do a full restore, do a selective restore using the Advanced button. You don't want to restore whatever is messing your BB up.

08-05-09 11:25 PM
    too late dude :S!!! Doesnt matter, is the third time! ooooommmmggg what has happened to my magnificent curve!
    08-05-09 11:26 PM
    It's gonna be a long night for you. Hope you have no early morning plans.

08-05-09 11:32 PM
    hahah none, still vacations, hope I finish asap, here is 10.30 pm, so looooong way to go!
    08-05-09 11:34 PM
    Well turn on VH1 - Neil Young concert. If you're gonna be depressed over your beloved Curve - at least you'll have good music to soothe your soul. He just finished "harvest moon" and "heart of gold" and is now doing "old man"

08-05-09 11:42 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD