Hey all,

Sort of new here, so if this question has been asked many times before, I apologize. I've had a bunch of different GSM BlackBerry phones (Curve 8310, 8320, Pearl 8100) and I am wondering this, because I've experienced this on every one of them:

The LED light reminder that you have a BBM is supposed to stop flashing when your message has been read ... but sometimes it doesn't and only a reset will make that light turn off. I have solved this for myself by just turning that LED reminder OFF totally in every profile, but was wondering if there was a bug fix or if this was something I could change.

Thanks for your help!
    03-16-08 04:34 PM
    Sorry but no, there is no bug fix for this. Maybe when the new firmware is released. FYI, the indicator will also stop after about 15 mins.
    03-16-08 04:38 PM
    Sorry but no, there is no bug fix for this. Maybe when the new firmware is released. FYI, the indicator will also stop after about 15 mins.
    I hope they know about it and can fix it with a firmware update. I like your 15 minute solution, but I could receive another 85 messages in that time, as I'm sure many of us could. Haha...
    03-16-08 04:40 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "flashing"--my light is always flashing--does it go faster or something when you have a BBM?
    03-16-08 04:47 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "flashing"--my light is always flashing--does it go faster or something when you have a BBM?
    Your light is always flashing? Do you have it on as a signal indicator?

When I receive say, an e-mail or an SMS, my LED flashes (normal speed) in red until I read it so I know there is a new message. When I get BBM's, it does this exact same thing. The problem is that sometimes even after the BBM's have been read, the light continues to flash, making me thinking I have new messages ... which can be very annoying.
    03-16-08 04:49 PM
    Let me say this. If you receive a message, and the light is flashing, once you read the message the light stops. BUT, lets say while you're reading the message, ANOTHER message is received, then the light will CONTINUE to flash RED, and will not stop till 15 minutes has passed. Period, I've even tested it...
    03-16-08 05:02 PM
    Let me say this. If you receive a message, and the light is flashing, once you read the message the light stops. BUT, lets say while you're reading the message, ANOTHER message is received, then the light will CONTINUE to flash RED, and will not stop till 15 minutes has passed. Period, I've even tested it...
    It seemed sporadic. I didn't realize that that was what triggered it ... for now, I'll just leave the LED flash for the BBMs off as I have been doing. What a weird bug.... thanks though - at least now I know what causes it.
    03-16-08 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD