Let's hear some horror stories and success stories...I dropped mine for the first time last week when it was charging on the table and I accidentally swept the charger cord with my hand sending it crashing to the floor. Since then, I've had a bad luck streak and dropped it 3 times! Once even on concrete paving! But not a scratch and no haedware/software malfunctions! And I'm not even using a case!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 11:09 AM
    Well, Since February my 8900 has been scratch-free . Man, I shouldn't be posting this. What if I jinx myself? lol.
    My old 8320 had a nasty fall. I was getting out of my car & it was sitting on my lap. Landed 5 feet away from me on the concrete pavement.
    08-03-09 11:13 AM
    I've dropped mine numerous times all the while it has been in its safe Seidio case but I've now cracked the case on the last drop on the hospital floor. It actually fits better now though since that corner piece is gone, go figure but I plan on buying another one to replace this one.
    08-03-09 11:21 AM
    I dropped it tons of times. I hate how my blackberry logo on top has a scratch though. I don't know how to protect it. Other than that everything else is still fresh and mint.

Anybody know how i can protect the blackberry logo from scratches?
    08-03-09 11:23 AM
    Guilty!

But still runnin strong!

08-03-09 11:24 AM
    08-03-09 11:25 AM
    I dropped mine once and of course it had just removed the screen protector and was going to get a new one. There is now a tiny little scratch on the screen and it bugs the crap out of me. The housing was protected with the Seidio case but the case split on impact. It didn't break just split open. Luckily the phone landed on the back where the case stayed attached with the phone snug and safe inside.
    08-03-09 11:29 AM
    yesterday made 30 times
    08-03-09 11:29 AM
    I actually dropped mine yesterday while I was out hiking! Pulled it out to use blackstar to check my elevation...then somehow dropped it and it tumbled about 5 feet down the trail. Luckily I had a hard case and screen protectors on it....not a scratch or dent to the phone! Talk about my heart dropping into my stomach though
    08-03-09 11:49 AM
    Dropped mine as i started typing thanks!
    08-03-09 11:50 AM
    Dropped mine 30 minutes after I bought it. I was swearing my azz off.....lol. I turned right back around and got the gel case.

Luckily, it's a tiny scratch on the rear door that you don't even notice unless your looking for it but I'm not taking chances anymore.
    08-03-09 11:54 AM
    I have dropped my Storm twise! Both times when it was in my lap and I was jumping out of the truck so of course it jumped two meters down into the pavement, same storie both times! it works like a charm, but has nasty cuts on all four corners but nothing on the screen.
    08-03-09 12:04 PM
    I've dropped my 8900 approximately 10 times. Luckily I think I have a problem with the hardware so I can get a refurb or new unit before I sell the 8900 off.
    08-03-09 12:08 PM
    when i got my phone in the mail i pulled my tour out the box and it fell right onto the couch and bounced onto the floor =(
    08-03-09 12:13 PM
    Dropped mine once and nothing happened but my heart was in my throught before the she hit the floor sedio case popped open and went a different direction then my bb.. But not a scratch on her

08-03-09 12:15 PM
    I've dropped mine 4 times on hard surfaces and dropped it once in water. Believe it or not, my BB is fine. I had a slippery case that kept slipping out of my hand. Now i have a rubberized one and a bb side case (not holster) and I haven't dropped it since.
    08-03-09 12:25 PM
    4 times I think, scratched the battery door in a few places and the bezel in multiple places. For now I'm keeping the rubber case on, but if I decide I can't stand the scratches anymore, I'll be spending some money at cnn.cn
    08-03-09 12:34 PM
    I technically haven't dropped THIS 8900. I have had 4 other 8900's and I have dropped each of them and once they get a scratch I call T-Mobile and do a warranty exchange but making up something that is wrong with the device and tell them that I have tried everything(used to work for T-Mobile). I know, what I do is wrong but I HATE scratches and T-Mobile probably shouldnt have given me a year warrenty lol. And once my 12 month warranty comes close to an end I'm going to get a new one, whether this one is scratched or not. But I have had this phone for 2 months without a drop. I do remember the first time I dropped my phone tho. Was getting out of my car and completely forgot it was on my lap. Phone went flying and smashed into the dirt ground with plenty of little rocks. Scratches all over it so called T-Mobile lol.
    08-03-09 12:44 PM
    I dropped my Bold once, unfortunately it was on concrete n now the top left corner is scratched! :-( gona replace the bezel real soon tho :-P
    08-03-09 12:50 PM
    Dropped everyday
    08-03-09 12:52 PM
    Dropped mine once on concrete scatched the bezel but i bought a new one in black so now im all good. but bothers me i dont think i would of changed the bezel if would of never dropped it.
    08-03-09 01:03 PM
    never ....
    08-03-09 01:12 PM
    once. had my silicon skin and BSE so it was all safe and scratch free. thank god
    08-03-09 02:19 PM
    Unfortunately, my,newborn haha, blackberry 8900 fell, ofcourse unintentionally, onto the pavement at a donatos pizza. It was in my hoodie, and I got out of the car and it slipped and fell, about a 3 foot drop, now it has a small scratch at the mute button, luckily still works PERFECTLY! Yay

08-03-09 02:22 PM
    Not once, knock on wood.
    08-03-09 02:44 PM
181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD