I can't understand bout the OS5 thing..9320 is running on OS7 ever since it was launched..was it possible to downgrade it to os5?
    The OS5 sounds were extracted and made available so you could add those sounds back into your os 6 which carried over to 7.0 and then 7.1.

I was able to insert the sound file before this update. Now it just won't go.
    Last edited by The_Adventist; 10-03-12 at 06:47 AM.
    10-03-12 06:41 AM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    10-03-12 12:15 PM
    First, I am unable to get my OS5 sound scheme back. I try and load the JAD file onto the device (with BBSK) and it says that it did it but nothing is there. I could battery pull until BB10 is released and nothing will change.
    You can't sideload a .jad file alone. You need to have the .cod files too. The cod's are the actual app. (Or ringtones, in this case.)

Did you have this previously on your media card or device memory?
    If media card, it's still there.
    If device memory, well just download it again from App World since that will go into device memory too:
    Check out BlackBerry 5.0 Sounds in App World!
    Last edited by elite1; 10-03-12 at 12:28 PM.
    10-03-12 12:22 PM
    geboy - Lucky for me I use BlackBerry Protect which backs up a few things. However, all of my BBM Contacts/apps/settings etc were wiped. Never had this with a software os update on the BB before.

Unsure of anything new as yet due to reinstalling everything
    Are you certain that BBM didn't make any of its own backups?
    Open BBM, click MENU key, click O and select Options. Scroll down to Backup Management and click the Restore button.
    Try Restore using email first, then the other two.

Either way set up BBM for both Remote Backup with every email account you have, as well as Local Backup to your media card. Select for future changes to automatically backup as well.

Next, on your PC, go to Start menu. Search your PC for bbb and look for files named LoaderBackup. If you don't find any bbb files, try again, this time searching for ipd.
    Hopefully you'll find a LoaderBackup file with the date of your OS upgrade from the other day. If you find that, note its location. (Please note this file will only contain personal info & settings, NOT any apps.)
    Connect your BB to PC and open DM. You'll want to do a selective Restore of any info you're missing. This will overwrite any info of same type you've entered manually since then.

Any of that work for you?
    10-03-12 06:08 PM
    Will this update work for the 9310??
    No the 9310 works on CDMA, but aside from that an OS is only for the one specific model listed.

I believe the highest OS available for a 9310 is 7.1.0.477.
    Is this your current OS? If not, do you know where to find this?
    10-03-12 06:29 PM
    Had you updated already? What are the changes? There seems no available change log in the net.
    There is almost never a published change log for OS releases.
    There used to be sometimes, but nowadays barely ever.
    10-03-12 06:44 PM
    Has anyone had battery issues today? I've not had any issues since the install (other than my error) but today my battery is awful. Went to 70% in less than an hour and has just hit 50% in three hours. The most I've done is Tweet and Listen to music (for 20 minutes).

Have battery pulled just and put the phone back on charge hopefully this will sort the issue.
    10-04-12 04:13 AM
    Battery life is so problematic. Even with the previous version, my battery never last a day without charging.. I'm on unlimited data plan so I guess the data connection is the culprit but I hoped for a better battery life than this.
    10-04-12 05:15 AM
    Have you both done a battery pull (or more than one) since upgrading?

Also, are you making use of Application Resource Monitor.
    There is a newer version of ARM in App World than the one included in the OS, so go update that too!
    10-04-12 06:41 AM
    How will battery pull help? Ill download arm in app world now
    10-04-12 06:55 AM
    How will battery pull help? Ill download arm in app world now
    A battery pull (i.e. with BB fully powered on, remove battery, wait 30 seconds, replace battery) gives the BB what we call a hard reboot. This will recover any available memory which has become lost due to memory leak so prevalent with BBOS, stop unnecessary processes, etc.

But it's especially urgent after an OS update to perform a battery pull ASAP. Theee are often a few functions that dont properly restore until after such a manual reset.
    Another 1-2 at some point soon thereafter certainly can't hurt either.
    10-04-12 09:27 AM
    hi guys, just downloaded the update but have no idea on how to install it. I deleted the vendor file and ive tried using the app loader and still cant manage to install it on to the phone, any suggestions?
    10-04-12 12:28 PM
    hi guys, just downloaded the update but have no idea on how to install it. I deleted the vendor file and ive tried using the app loader and still cant manage to install it on to the phone, any suggestions?
    Do you have a BB 9320? This will only work for that exact model of BB.

Please follow the upgrade guide I posted on previous page. Follow this link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post7658352

PS As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.
    10-04-12 01:52 PM
    just updated my 9320 and everythings fine, seems smoother and faster and a slight improvement in the battery life
    10-05-12 05:03 PM
    Here are my observations for the os update; 1) better battery life. My battery was able to last 24 hours w/o charging ang still have 54% remaining. I followed the battery pull instruction for at least 30 second after the update. 2) I cant find the device analyzer app.
    10-06-12 10:42 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile UK Pay-As-You-Go SIM-only plan.I upgraded to .714 from .569, and kept getting the following from BlackBerry Protect Status: "Your wireless service plan does not include BlackBerry Protect," along with the message: "The service plan for your BlackBerry device does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to update your service plan." So, after spending over an hour on the telephone with T-Mobile UK Technical Support, first in The Philippines, and then transferred to the U.K., I was advised to downgrade to .398, the latest official T-Mobile UK release, which I did. Unfortunately, while I was now able to re-install the My T-Mobile app--which would not install under .569--BlackBerry Protect still won't work.

I've tried everything from deleting and re-installing the app through App World, to performing a SIM-and-battery pull multiple times, to installing and re-sending the Service Books to re-registering the device under the Host Routing Table, and nothing has worked.

The experience of some of you may differ or you may not care about a working BlackBerry Protect, but I did want to report the problem I encountered here as notice to others before installing this latest OS on their device.

UPDATE: For what it's worth, as of today, Sunday, 20 Oct 2012, BlackBerry Protect is working properly again. I don't know if it had anything to do with the network now displaying "EE" or the end of Daylight Saving Time, but all is now well again.
    Last edited by plkmji; 10-28-12 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Updating
    10-07-12 02:17 PM
    I don't quite understand... is this only for people on Virgin Mobile France, or will it work for any network? I am on O2 UK and I want to upgrade to this software version but will it work on O2 UK? I have plugged my phone into the computer and desktop software says there is no new version? Thanks
    10-08-12 02:35 PM
    hi im an adventist also from philippines
    The_Adventist likes this.
    10-10-12 07:09 PM
    hi im an adventist also from philippines
    That's great. CB needs more Adventists here in the forums. But it would be better to have thread dedicated to Adventists on CB instead of this thread as this thread is for the 9320 update.

Which, by the way, made the phone perform like it has never performed before. GREAT update!!!
    10-10-12 07:58 PM
    I've installed it and it all seems to work fine but the audio boost option is missing. Any ideas why? Many thanks
    10-11-12 10:05 PM
    Alt+bbda in options

Here are my observations for the os update; 1) better battery life. My battery was able to last 24 hours w/o charging ang still have 54% remaining. I followed the battery pull instruction for at least 30 second after the update. 2) I cant find the device analyzer app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    10-13-12 05:16 AM
    Anyway, those on stock .714 can you find your fm tuner?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    10-13-12 05:17 AM
    Have you got any idea when this software version will officially be available for O2 UK? Thanks
    10-14-12 11:54 PM
    After running this for a few weeks I think this update is inferior to .523 and I want to roll back.
    I definitely find overall battery drain at idle worse. It seems to average 6% hour receiving a few emails.
    IMO, I recommend 7.1.0.523 as the best release we have for 9320..
    11-03-12 01:20 AM
    This topic should be unstickied and the following topic should be stickied:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...onesia-752432/

7.1.0.714 has problems with it and I think 7.1.0.746 fixes some of them.
    11-17-12 07:59 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD