Released this morning through Download Manager is OS 5.0 for the 8350i for Telus.

So far this update is only available through DM, it has not appeared on RIM website as of yet.

It looks good and runs fast, will see how the rest of the day goes with it running.
    Last edited by piper975; 06-26-10 at 12:28 PM.
    06-26-10 12:25 PM
    Bluetooth issue has been resolved on out going calls it now rings in bluetooth headset on every ring and no longer only when call is answered or goes to voice mail do you hear out is happening.
    Thread SMS in the blackberry messenger style has been added, takes a little getting use to but is a neat addition.

Keyborad lock shortcut has disappeared, anyone know how to get it back I relied on this feature a lot.
    06-27-10 12:26 AM
    Released this morning through Download Manager is OS 5.0 for the 8350i for Telus.

So far this update is only available through DM, it has not appeared on RIM website as of yet.

It looks good and runs fast, will see how the rest of the day goes with it running.
    I cant seem to find it..is there a link or something. My DM says no updates available, so does the Telus RIM site...
    06-27-10 12:55 PM
    i cant wait to get bb back . hopefully sprint will release one to
    06-27-10 02:25 PM
    update? link?
    06-27-10 03:31 PM
    Why Telus and not the rest of us? Is it not the same phone we all use? Strange!!
    06-27-10 07:07 PM
    Oh, well..I guess Piper just got lucky cause it seems that the update has been removed. Good thing is, this means it's just around the corner people...

Piper have you noticed if someone alerts you, do you hear the Beep Beep in your headset?
    06-27-10 08:57 PM
    link only showed up on DM Saturday morning, I know the links are not there on RIM's site yet but I would think that it will show up on Monday once they are told by Telus that it ok to post link.

The thing that you need to watch for on DM is seen in the screen shot, it is only for customer of Telus. I noticed this with the Southern Linc as well and that is why I could not install it.

check this link and refer to post 1 for the screen shot I am talking about ... http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/5-...-telus-488808/

These are carrier specific links, I think RIM has taken the step to remove cross carrier OS installs by adding the above feature.

AirSteph, don't use DC much, actually hardly at all but we can test send me a pm with DC number.
    Last edited by piper975; 06-27-10 at 09:34 PM.
    06-27-10 09:31 PM
    Being same version as SouthernLinc I wonder if it will carry the same issues that haven't been corrected.

I'm still reminded of the response that I got on Sprints forum that it would be available for us in the second quarter. Of course they never responded back if it was this year or any of the many years to come.
    06-28-10 12:22 PM
    I have not had any problems as of yet, does not reboot on its own. Media folder is a little slow reading memory card other than that all seems good. Lots of quirks with new menu system trying to find things but have found all but one so far and that is the ability to put keyboard lock icon on main screen.
    06-28-10 01:37 PM
    I am on Nextel but have SLinc 5.0 on phone. The RIM website stated that the OS 5.0 was for the 8350i smartphone. It did not differentiate between carriers. I have benn running 5.0 for ~2.5 months with no problems whatsoever. Piper, the lock icon has disappeared. If you hold the "A" button it puts the phone in standby which is similar to lock (does not allow any keys to be pressed accidentally). Press mute button to "unlock".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 02:55 PM
    WTF!!!!! Official my as s....where the fuk did it go!!! I think Piper's the only lucky one to have received the update. Moto i1...here i come.
    07-16-10 04:55 PM
    Well you can join the rest of us on the bootleg southern link 5.0 most of us are running

07-17-10 08:51 AM
    Well you can join the rest of us on the bootleg southern link 5.0 most of us are running

Been there,and with no success. Kept getting the "error 523" or something.
    The thing is, they actually put the official Telus one up and removed it, thats whats pissing me off.
    07-17-10 11:32 AM
    anyone got this?
    07-18-10 12:18 PM
    Is there a link somewhere? Or better yet, a list of differneces between the 4.6 and 5. That would be great to know if it is worth upgrading...
    07-18-10 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD