Well guys, today I became a part of the "I-dropped-my-phone-in-the-(insert container of water here)" club, and my 8900 did not survive the ordeal. May she rest in peace. As T-Mobile no longer offers the 8900, I had to get a 9700. Just wanted to say thanks to anyone who's ever helped me out with my 8900 issues. I've really appreciated it.
    06-03-10 03:51 PM
    Youre going to really enjoy the 9700, I came from the 9000 and 8900. Congrats.
    06-03-10 04:08 PM
    Congrats on the new device
    06-03-10 04:23 PM
    Do us a favor and report back in a week or so (or sooner). I'm thinking of moving from the 8900 to the 9700 and would like to read your feedback.
    06-03-10 04:25 PM
    Will do. So far I'm liking it. Still getting used to the trackpad and keyboard, but will report back in a week and lay out my thoughts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 05:19 PM
    Question, did you get the black or the white one?

I like the white but I'm worried about keeping it clean....
    06-03-10 05:24 PM
    I thought about it for a while (more like 20 seconds), and went with black. As good as the white looks, I couldn't pull the trigger. I have a white Macbook, so I know how tough it is to keep something white clean. Just one of the reasons I went with black. Also, black goes well with everything, in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 06:39 PM
    Thanks, I agree with you on all points!
    06-03-10 07:32 PM
    Thought I'd drop a first day update.

Like I said before, the keyboard and trackpad took a little getting used to. It took me a while to figure out what sensitivity level matched my trackball, but I've think I've got it down to something close. Kind of a pain playing BrickBreaker with the pad.

Battery life is good. Drains faster than my Curve though. Other than that, I've upgraded my OS to the latest official so experience-wise, it's the same as the Curve. Seems to be quicker too. 3G doesn't connect at my apartment, but I don't think that's the phone's fault; I never had much good coverage here. Wi-fi takes care of that, though. Speaking of Wi-fi, it seems to connect much more smoothly than the 8900.

More updates to come later on, perhaps in a few days.
    06-04-10 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD