Sorry if this has been asked:

My notification Icon (the red astrek notification icon) doesnt appear overtop of any of my icons when I recieve a sms, mms, email, facebook, myspace, basicly anything that has a notification to go with it, on the home screen, or the application menu. But I will still get the notificaion in the banner on both screens.

Anyone else have this problem?
    09-03-09 02:44 PM
    Have you tried to do a battery pull??? Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put it back in and wait for your device to boot up???
    09-03-09 02:52 PM
    steps taken to correct probelm (sorry I always forget to add this)

First a battery pull was my first thought, (also I forgot to mention when they did come up before, they would stay after I checked and wouldnt leave until a battery pull, work like one or two times, then stick again. Now they just stopped working all together)

After a battery pull, I backedup/whiped, still same problem.

I've searched around to see if there was an option to take them off, but I guess its not. I've also have a personal theme I created, I've switched back to an old one but it didnt fix my problem.
    09-03-09 03:00 PM
    I've also upgrated to .231 as well
    09-03-09 03:03 PM
    I've also upgrated to .231 as well
    When did you upgrate to .231??? And are saying it was this way before you upgrated, as well as after???

Is there a specific theme you are using both before and after the upgrate of you OS???
    09-03-09 04:30 PM
    yes, I upgraded a about a month ago, and I was having this problem before, even on another 8900 so I upgraded OS's
    09-03-09 05:02 PM
    yes, I upgraded a about a month ago, and I was having this problem before, even on another 8900 so I upgraded OS's
    I guess I need to ask the last question over again... THEME!?!?!? Are you using the same theme before and after the upgrade??? Sounds like a theme issue.
    09-03-09 05:23 PM
    No, I actually didnt have the theme on the first phone. I made it after I got the phone, and even after that, I remade the theme and uploaded it to the phone
    09-03-09 05:35 PM
    I made it after I got the second phone*
    09-03-09 05:35 PM
    First phone, now there is a second phone... and home made themes... I do it myself, but I have made mistakes... how about trying one that came with the device!!!
    09-03-09 05:41 PM
    Like I said but, I tried switching it back to the old theme, and it still didnt do anything. I didnt know if these phones just have a software issue that hasnt been fixed yet or what...

First Phone: Didnt work or would stay after I check message.
    Batterypull didnt work, OS upgrade didnt work.

Second phone: Same issue's, same steps taken to resolve problem, but added a created theme on this phone
    09-03-09 06:09 PM
    Too many conflicting stories to figure out what you had/have/did... unless you want to remove your current OS from you PC, download a new version from T-Mobile's website, install the OS version, download CrackMem, install it, start it, select your OS and click Wipe.

Of course backup everything first... but I'd still recommend you throw away any themes you are currently using.
    09-03-09 06:17 PM
    Not really, but lets start over for the heck of it...

My red astrek notifications will not show up on my homescreen or on my application screen, before they would never go away until I do a battery pull. This happens on ANY theme I am using, including one that I have made. This has been a problem on two 8900's now.

I took the following steps to correct the problem for both phones:

Battery pull, whipe phone and install new OS (upgraded to .231)
    Last edited by TheUsD; 09-03-09 at 06:41 PM.
    09-03-09 06:39 PM
    If it happened with two separate devices then clearly it is something you installed on the device or your settings / data. How about you try to wipe your device with a new OS and then refrain from loading your backups or applications. Setup your device and then observe what happens. When you see that the phone is working as you expect it to, only then can you start to add your applications back one by one and your user data - one database at a time.
    09-03-09 08:42 PM
    I tried that as well when working with the second phone. when I did a restore it was only of contacts, sms's, and things like that, no applications. It seems as if the notifications work for a day or two, then start to freeze up, then never appear again. Thats why I figured it was a software issue, if nobody is having these problems, I'm guessing its a badluck issue.

I've treated this issue like if I was working on a PC for a client. So far, theres been to repeated pattern.
    09-04-09 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD