the 2 things id like to change on my curve are pretty simple, but probably not easy solutions.

first off, when i get a new sms a little folder with a star on it pops up at the top of the screen. it is the same icon as the new email notification icon. when i get a new voicemail it has its own icon, and when i get a new myspace/facebook/bb messanger notification, they each have their own icon. is it possible to change it so i know right away if its a txt or an email via the icon?

next is the mute button. which i never EVER use. i have the right soft button set for the camera for quick acess, and the left setup for my gps for easy access when im driving. i would like to have another button connected to video (which i use as a flashlight).. is there a way to change the mute button function? if not, what solutions are there to get quick access to a program other than the soft keys? shortcuts? speed dial type things?

thanks!
    wes
    01-13-09 02:27 PM
    Be sure that your SMS and email are set to be separate. In a Message list, press Menu, then go to Options > General Options, and set the "SMS and Email Inboxes" to Separate.

Then if you look at the SMS notification, you will notice that it's actually different from the email notification. The email icon is an envelope with 90 degree angles and the SMS icon has slanted sides.

You can't reassign the Mute button. If you have "Dialing from the Home Screen" set to "Off", you will get a number of keyboard shortcuts. They aren't customizable however. Only the side convenience keys are user changeable.
    01-13-09 06:22 PM
    Thanks a ton! I didn't even notice the icons were, infact, different.. So that solves that!

How abouts do I get to the option to turn off dialing from home screen? Is there a list of shortcuts available with that option off somewhere on crackberry?
    01-26-09 02:42 PM
    Thanks a ton! I didn't even notice the icons were, infact, different.. So that solves that!

How abouts do I get to the option to turn off dialing from home screen? Is there a list of shortcuts available with that option off somewhere on crackberry?
    From home page, press green button to get call log, then menu button for options, general option.

Scott...
    01-26-09 03:22 PM
    01-26-09 05:32 PM
    ahh. thanks. looks like there arent any functions for camera, video or gps, so that wont work. dont think i could deal without the dial from homescreen anyways.

ill have to figure out something else. its kind of lame that you cant reassign the mute button. ohh well.
    02-01-09 08:21 PM
    the 2 things id like to change on my curve are pretty simple, but probably not easy solutions.

first off, when i get a new sms a little folder with a star on it pops up at the top of the screen. it is the same icon as the new email notification icon. when i get a new voicemail it has its own icon, and when i get a new myspace/facebook/bb messanger notification, they each have their own icon. is it possible to change it so i know right away if its a txt or an email via the icon?

next is the mute button. which i never EVER use. i have the right soft button set for the camera for quick acess, and the left setup for my gps for easy access when im driving. i would like to have another button connected to video (which i use as a flashlight).. is there a way to change the mute button function? if not, what solutions are there to get quick access to a program other than the soft keys? shortcuts? speed dial type things?

thanks!
    wes
    Hey thanks a lot, it never occurred to me before that i could use video as a torch! thank uuuuuuu
    07-21-10 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD