So all of a sudden today my blackberry stopped responding to any keys,,, When i plug it in, the meny shows up if i want to unlock it, track ball works but that's it, i cannot pick anything... Tries battery pull and everything,,, still cannot unlock it
    When i put it in my pocket earlier it was unlocked,,,, does it mean may be somehow it entered pass more than 10 times and my BB is blocked now????
    03-26-10 05:05 AM
    Had that happen to my son's Tour last week. Take it in.
    03-26-10 09:39 AM
    Those are not the symptoms of exceeding the allowable password attempts. When that happens, the phone is wiped and the password is removed, giving you access to the device without a password - different from what you've described.

Is there any possibility the phone was exposed to moisture or perspiration? Sounds like water damage might be a possibility. Do you have a backup in case you need to reload the operating system?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 11:23 AM
    So this happened to me today. Phone was in my pocket (I usually take it out) while I was at work ... In a restaurant ... it was hot and humid. I will let it relax for tonight and hope it "dries out" by the morning. Any other suggestion, SHORT of reinstalling the OS?
    10-26-10 09:55 PM
    So this happened to me today. Phone was in my pocket (I usually take it out) while I was at work ... In a restaurant ... it was hot and humid. I will let it relax for tonight and hope it "dries out" by the morning. Any other suggestion, SHORT of reinstalling the OS?
    Take out the battery and leave the device in a sealed container of rice for at least 4 days.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-27-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD