If I am on the internet on my curve 8520 (Orange PAYG) and I receive a call, the call will go straight my voicemail. Is this normal?

I would always assume that the call would have priority over me using the internet (I'm talking here of the GPRS connection and I don't know if there would be any difference for WIFI.

Is this a simple setting I need to change?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 06:18 AM
    With GPRS, that's how it goes. Same with "data hungry apps". Use WiFi to avoid this headache.

07-07-10 07:05 AM
    That clears that up then.

Would that be a massive advantage of having a Bold 9700 which has 3G connectivity?

07-07-10 07:20 AM
    If you don't get a lot of calls, or don't mind occasional ones going to voicemail, then you're OK. Otherwise, 3G is the way to go.

07-07-10 07:23 AM
    I've noticed the same thing. It's really stupid if you ask me. IMO, calls should ALWAYS have priority. It's annoying for me, because I'm constantly browsing the internet, lol, so when I receive a call, I don't exactly want it to go to voicemail. You never know, it might just be an important call.
    07-07-10 10:13 AM
    I've noticed the same thing. It's really stupid if you ask me. IMO, calls should ALWAYS have priority. It's annoying for me, because I'm constantly browsing the internet, lol, so when I receive a call, I don't exactly want it to go to voicemail. You never know, it might just be an important call.
    Yeah, I don't really know why it works like that.

With GPRS, that's how it goes. Same with "data hungry apps". Use WiFi to avoid this headache.
    The best way to avoid it...
    07-07-10 10:38 AM
    When am tethering then I usually don't get calls. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
    I always get calls other times though.

07-07-10 01:19 PM
    If you don't get a lot of calls, or don't mind occasional ones going to voicemail, then you're OK. Otherwise, 3G is the way to go.

The 8520 is not a 3G device.
    07-07-10 02:58 PM
    I use wifi when home and don't have this problem.

07-07-10 05:37 PM
    I use wifi when home and don't have this problem.

Just like what I said before, using WiFi when surfing the net is probably the best way to avoid it.
    07-07-10 05:42 PM
    I hardly ever use wifi, except for days like today where I don't have an internet connection through BIS (again). I always get my calls. If I'm on crackberry, Facebook, gsmarena or youtube, I always get my calls.

07-07-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD