I'm on an 8320 using all automatic settings and largest photo size. Is this the way all images should look? It seems so gray, and it was taken inside a pretty well lit restaurant. All my pictures seems to be turning out this way. How can I fix this/does this happen to everyone?

05-16-08 12:22 AM
    What do you expect out of 2MP?
    05-16-08 12:36 AM
    What do you expect out of 2MP?

Lol! The only reason I started questioning my quality was when I saw an album of photos taken on a Curve and they looked so much more vibrant than mine. So everyones are this gray? The 2MP would contribute to the poor quality, but the color/tone shouldn't really be 100% related to the MP...
    05-16-08 12:42 AM
    The pic you posted was taken in fairly poor lighting and that is why your picutre looks 'flat', lacking in contract and color depth.

Try taking one outside on a sunny day with the subject lit by the sunlight. You should see an improvement.

sunkast is right, the camera is only 3mega pixels and has a tiny lens but is nonetheless capable of acceptable results in the right lighting conditions.
    05-16-08 12:46 AM
    Under Camera go to Options and make sure your White Balance is set to Automatic. Also set Picture Size to Large, Picture Quality to Fine, and Color Effect to Normal. It's most likely your White Balance setting though.
    05-16-08 02:11 AM
    i was also surprised at the photo quality i was getting as compared to the ones in the gallery. i guess its one of those stand in the right place, at the right time, in the right position to get the best photo.
    05-16-08 02:15 AM
    1. I haven't seen the "gallery," but is it possible those photos were edited before being posted?

2. Show us the chick, Madison. j/k I hope the white balance fixes your issue for you.
    05-16-08 04:39 AM
    1. I haven't seen the "gallery," but is it possible those photos were edited before being posted?

2. Show us the chick, Madison. j/k I hope the white balance fixes your issue for you.
    You do bring up a good point... There was some editing that was done and after the save, color may have been lost as well.

Do you have any in good lighting?
    05-16-08 04:46 AM
    You do bring up a good point... There was some editing that was done and after the save, color may have been lost as well.

Do you have any in good lighting?
    Do *I* have any pics in good lighting? No.

I'd like to take pics of some hot chicks at work, but oohhh...that damned shutter sound! (snicker) j/k

I never expected much out of a 2MP camera/video camera. I'm just glad the BB isn't offering 1.3MP's like my Treo's.

Where is this "gallery" that others are talking about? Can't find it on CB.

Thanks!
    05-16-08 05:00 AM
    You should not eat that much fat
    05-16-08 05:53 AM
    I have found the more you zoom the more degraded the pic quality.
    Try taking a pic of the same item at all three levels you'll see what I mean.
    05-16-08 07:02 AM
    Yeah that picture has low lighting....

trust me the camera is very good when all aspects are set up

see.....

05-16-08 07:36 AM
    A clean lens also helps.

lolz on the drink sensoring and stiffing the girl with the check.
    05-16-08 08:07 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/pos...0-8130-a-7836/

this is the gallery i guess i saw. i was thinking there was one for the curves where people were posting pics taken with their curves. it may have been a different forum. i thought somone took pictures in london if i remember correctly. anyway, isnt this the same camera as the one in the curve? i get SOME good pics, i guess its all just what the lighting around is doing.
    05-16-08 02:31 PM
    MadisonFaye

The picture could have used a "fill-in" flash, it lacks sharpness.
    05-16-08 03:01 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/pos...0-8130-a-7836/

this is the gallery i guess i saw. i was thinking there was one for the curves where people were posting pics taken with their curves. it may have been a different forum. i thought somone took pictures in london if i remember correctly. anyway, isnt this the same camera as the one in the curve? i get SOME good pics, i guess its all just what the lighting around is doing.
    Pfffft....ah, those are Pearl guys. I'd bet we Curve guys could show 'em up if someone started a pic thread. lol

No offense to the Pearlies out there. We're all BB addicts.
    Last edited by butcherbird; 05-16-08 at 03:11 PM.
    05-16-08 03:07 PM
    use curve guys already have a thread....

I put one up in the Verizon section, seeing how good the camera's were on the new curve's
    05-16-08 09:16 PM
    I don't know about you but i LOVE my blackberry 8330 pics, they are sharp, clear, no grains, great color and they look great blown up larger.
    05-17-08 12:05 AM
    Yeah did you use the flash doesnt look like it.
    05-17-08 12:18 AM

this is mine on a regular day... I'm not sure why yours is like that, change up settings and play around a bit
    05-17-08 12:28 PM
    lolz on the drink sensoring and stiffing the girl with the check.

hahahaha!! and lol @ the wanting to see her face XD Its actually my younger sister, shes obligated to pay (haha im jk)

But thanks so much for your feedback everyone! I'm going to try and get some better lighting, but of course its a rainy day today I'll also try adjusting some of the settings people reccomended! I'll post back tomorrow thanks!
    05-17-08 01:10 PM
    Its not you buddy. The krzr has a 2.0 camara and is noticibly better than the curve. I am not in love with the curves camara at all. If you take pictures in lots of light ot helps, but that's about it.
    I know its a phone camara, but there are other phones with 2.0 camaras that are better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD