I have a few questions on my new BB Curve.

1.when I first got it, the unlock button was A* + <phone key>. After I installed the BB Desktop Manager, the unlock button became the unmute button on top. Is this normal?
    2.How can I change it back? When I put my phone into it's holder, I sometimes accidentally press the unlock button.
    3.Also, when the phone is locked, and I press the unmute button (to unlock it), it goes straight to the media folder, expecting me to want to play something. Am I pressing the wrong button to unlock the phone?
    4.In regards to email, when I read,delete or move my email through my home computer, I expect that email not to be on my BB inbox. How do I synchronize the accounts? I have my gmail and personnel email (road runner) set up to my BB.
    05-22-10 12:38 AM
    (darn net lag)

any assistance would be appreciated.

thank you.
    05-22-10 12:41 AM
    #3, Hold the mute button down longer and media won't open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 07:38 AM
    I have a few questions on my new BB Curve.

1.when I first got it, the unlock button was A* + <phone key>. After I installed the BB Desktop Manager, the unlock button became the unmute button on top. Is this normal?
    2.How can I change it back? When I put my phone into it's holder, I sometimes accidentally press the unlock button.
    3.Also, when the phone is locked, and I press the unmute button (to unlock it), it goes straight to the media folder, expecting me to want to play something. Am I pressing the wrong button to unlock the phone?
    4.In regards to email, when I read,delete or move my email through my home computer, I expect that email not to be on my BB inbox. How do I synchronize the accounts? I have my gmail and personnel email (road runner) set up to my BB.
    1. You updated your phone. The latest OS 5.0 has that future.
    2. You can change it back by downgrading your phone to v5.0.0.459.
    3. You just have to hold it for about 1 and a half second rather than pressing it.
    4. If you delete, read, or move your e-mails on your computer, it won't affect the e-mails on your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 07:44 AM
    Thank you again for your help.
    05-22-10 09:49 AM
    Thank you again for your help.
    No problem.
    05-22-10 10:02 AM
    Hey I have a few questions too! Lol, I'm new to blackberry and I was wondering how I could upload wallpapers to my phone from my computer? Am I supposed to use the desktop manager or what?
    05-22-10 01:36 PM
    If you hook up your BB to your PC with a USB cable it will Be a "removable" drive.
    Just cut and paste to the "pictures" folder on the BB

PS if you go to the favorite wallpapers forum you can collect too many wallies
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/sh...lpapers-32609/
    Last edited by oxywaddle; 05-22-10 at 01:55 PM.
    05-22-10 01:52 PM
    Remember to enable Mass Storage, or you will put your memory/performance towaste loading wallpaper's to internal memory.
    05-22-10 01:55 PM
    Oxy, that's what my friend told me too but I don't see any folder that says pics or pictures or anything on my Blackberry Desktop Manager. Am I using the right thing?

Dieg, how do I enable that?

Sorry guys, I know I'm such a noob lol :/
    05-22-10 02:37 PM
    Oxy, that's what my friend told me too but I don't see any folder that says pics or pictures or anything on my Blackberry Desktop Manager. Am I using the right thing?

Dieg, how do I enable that?

Sorry guys, I know I'm such a noob lol :/
    You won't need Desktop Manager to move pictures from your PC to your microSD card. You will just need to enable Mass Storage Mode on your BlackBerry and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the pictures to the media card.
    05-22-10 02:53 PM
    Lak, I just enabled Mass Media Storage Mode on my berry but I don't have a media card & I use a mac, not a PC. Do you know if it's any different? Also, I just want to know where this folder titled 'pics' or 'pictures' is that everyone is talking about? I don't see it on my BB Desktop Manager =/
    05-22-10 03:04 PM
    It's Diego :P

The folder is in your device. I must urge you to get a media card, using the device's memory for pictures and music will cause it to get really slow.

Plug the 8530 to the mac and enable Mass Storage, it should act as any removable drive. As Lak said, you do not use DM for that.
    05-22-10 04:22 PM
    Lak, I just enabled Mass Media Storage Mode on my berry but I don't have a media card & I use a mac, not a PC. Do you know if it's any different? Also, I just want to know where this folder titled 'pics' or 'pictures' is that everyone is talking about? I don't see it on my BB Desktop Manager =/
    Your BB has a slot for a media card (microsd) , a must have item if you want to save pictures/videos/music. When connected to your pc/mac it will show up as an external drive if you enable mass storage. (only if media card is installed)
    You can use DM to sync media but "drag&drop" (manual management) is more preferred.
    you can get a microsd up to 16GB. Radio Shack had 4GB on sale for $12
    Last edited by oxywaddle; 05-23-10 at 09:13 AM.
    05-23-10 09:10 AM
    I'm sure this has been answered before, but I have not found the answer yet.

I am looking for "delete prior" on my email. I go to the email, see my emails, select one and read it, back set to my list of emails and select the options. Delete is listed, but not Delete Prior. Am I missing something?
    06-14-10 10:56 PM
    To delete Prior in emails you need to highlight the date bar and the go to your options and it will be there.
    06-15-10 08:10 AM
    or just park your selectipon at the date and right click to choose delete prior
    06-15-10 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD