Love this site, the 101 Lectures are amazing.
    I was downloading a ringtone tonight (Dirty Diana, MJ if you must know) and after it got sent to my phone I saved it and added it into my device memory. Then I read I could put it on my memory card, so I went back and deleted it off the phone and re-opened the email and saved it to what I think is my memory card. Of course, it didnt show up in my ringtone list?? so I freaked out and had to find a way to find out where it went. I found it again, and I guess its now on the memory card, but when I check the memory card memory, the free space matched the total space. However, I feel like I did things all wrong and I saved the same ringtone like 80 times.
    08-26-09 10:19 PM
    so what are posting? was there a q in there>>
    08-26-09 10:20 PM
    I personally love the trial and error learning method...lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 10:21 PM
    No I don't think that you messed up your berry. I did however have the same problem. To solve this I o ly save ringtones to device memory. If I save them to my memory card they play while I am listening to music. They should show up in your list when you change your tone. I would remove the mp3 file fron your memory card via PC I find it easier that way. Copy one to device memory and delete the rest. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

08-26-09 10:26 PM
    so what are posting? was there a q in there>>
    Not really lol, I was hoping some BB gurus could decipher my issues because I dont have the BB knowledge to verbalize it LOL

No I don't think that you messed up your berry. I did however have the same problem. To solve this I o ly save ringtones to device memory. If I save them to my memory card they play while I am listening to music. They should show up in your list when you change your tone. I would remove the mp3 file fron your memory card via PC I find it easier that way. Copy one to device memory and delete the rest. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thank you! Very helpful I will start tinkering with the computer too, it might be easier to manage things that way as you said.
    08-26-09 10:29 PM
    If you set your phone to always save to the memory card they will always show up on your ringtone list w/o any issue or when you download change the storage location. I can't remember how I did it but I figured if I put the idea out there someone would pick it up and explain it to you.

08-26-09 10:42 PM
    And as far as your free space matching your total space its normal. Ringtones are so small its not enough to make a diff in ya GB. Ex. I had 1.8GB of total space. I added approx. 15 songs and 10 ringtones before it went down to 1.7.

08-26-09 10:49 PM
    If you set your phone to always save to the memory card they will always show up on your ringtone list w/o any issue or when you download change the storage location. I can't remember how I did it but I figured if I put the idea out there someone would pick it up and explain it to you.

Yes, Id love to know!

And as far as your free space matching your total space its normal. Ringtones are so small its not enough to make a diff in ya GB. Ex. I had 1.8GB of total space. I added approx. 15 songs and 10 ringtones before it went down to 1.7.

Hehe good I was wondering about that
    08-26-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD