I wanna make sure this is not a problem with my phone. Probably just my own user error.

I'm testing the camera, and I can't get the flash to work no matter what setting I use: no flash, auto flash, force flash. Is there some other setting i have to change?
    03-03-09 03:17 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    03-03-09 03:22 PM
    ok battery pull worked. And now I'm blinded. =P That thing is bright!

Thanks!

btw. by battery pull, u mean turn off, take out battery, reinsert battery, turn on, right?
    03-03-09 03:30 PM
    I'm glad that worked for ya, but the actual definition of a battery pull (if there really is one...) is pulling out the battery while the phone is still on, keep the battery out for just a bit (30 seconds is plenty) and then put the battery back in and let it boot. This resets all of your software and fixes 95% of the problems that you will every encounter. Good Luck!
    03-03-09 03:51 PM
    flash wont work if your battery level is low, be sure your battery is charged
    03-03-09 03:56 PM
    thanks trekkers. Very useful to know.

Another noob question. My phone came with facebook app installed under "Downloads". I think it might just be a link cuz it opens the browser. But i get a 404 error so its a bad link? And there are no options to delete it either.
    03-03-09 04:07 PM
    more noob questions:

how long is it suppose to take to boot up after a battery pull? I get the white screen with a clock in the center for about a minute before the Tmobile logo comes up. Seems awfully long to me. Is this normal?

Also, is it possible to control where apps and files are stored, internal or microsd memory? And how do you check what is stored where? I ask because right now I'm using the 256mb that came with the phone, but eventually I will upgrade to something much bigger.
    03-03-09 05:12 PM
    more noob questions:

how long is it suppose to take to boot up after a battery pull? I get the white screen with a clock in the center for about a minute before the Tmobile logo comes up. Seems awfully long to me. Is this normal?

Also, is it possible to control where apps and files are stored, internal or microsd memory? And how do you check what is stored where? I ask because right now I'm using the 256mb that came with the phone, but eventually I will upgrade to something much bigger.
    The boot up time you are experiencing is normal

Apps need to be stored in the phone's memory and not on the memory card. Don't worry about it, as you have PLENTY to work with - the most out of any Blackberry currently available.
    03-03-09 05:22 PM
    so what would I need to worry about transfering when switching to new microsd card? Pictures/videos/music etc?
    03-03-09 06:11 PM
    Here is what I would do:

Options > Memory > Mass Storage Mode = On

Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = Yes or Prompt

Save changes. Now when you plug your device into your computer, it will work like any other USB flash drive. It will ask you to enter your password on your device if you have one saved. Go into My Computer and you will see the new Blackberry item. Click on it and then copy everything on there and paste it somewhere on your computer so you now have a backup. Then replace the memory card on your device with the new one. Right-click in My Computer and format it. Then copy back in everything you saved from the other card. Enjoy!
    03-03-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD