I have had my 8900 for a few weeks now and love it. My girlfriend has just had the same phone although we are on different networks. I updated her OS and everything the same as mine is but she has UMA and i dont. She is on Orange UK and im on O2. Whats the deal with this? Is there a way of down loading it / getting it?
    03-04-09 05:03 AM
    I read somewhere that someone had an issue conecting with 2 phones at the same time, I know my carrier allows 5 or so they say. You can try to disable her WiFi and see if yours will connect then, and maybe O2 doesn't support UMA. I hope u figgure it out good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 07:29 AM
    What OS version are you running??? And I'm assuming you have your Wifi turned on, or am I wrong???
    03-04-09 07:30 AM
    Wifi is on and I'm running .152 hybrid with .133 radio. I'm upgrading tonight to .168
    Will that sort it?

03-04-09 07:32 AM
    Wifi is on and I'm running .152 hybrid with .133 radio. I'm upgrading tonight to .168
    Will that sort it?

I have .168 running... I had issues with .152 and my UMA/Wifi connection dropping, but I have been running this since last Friday with no issues. I don't know if it will solve your issue, but it works for me.
    03-04-09 09:51 AM
    Thanks ill report back after os upgrade

03-04-09 09:53 AM
    O2 doesn't support UMA, Orange UK is the ONLY UK network with UMA, so you're out of luck, nothing you do will get your O2 line onto UMA, sorry.
    03-04-09 10:43 AM
    Oh well you live and learn i have tons of minutes with my plan anyway so its not essential. just wondered why she had it an i didnt.

Thaks for your help
    03-04-09 11:29 AM
    Oh well you live and learn i have tons of minutes with my plan anyway so its not essential. just wondered why she had it an i didnt.

Thaks for your help
    Yeah, Im upset that O2 doesn't have UMA because I frequently travel between the UK and Canada, and I have an O2 line, I was hoping that I could use UMA in Canada. I did a lot of research and found only Orange has it, so I will be switching over to Orange next time I'm in the UK
    03-04-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD