so i started this thread so i can send an email to sprint. i need to know how many of you were unable to send texts between 9 and 930 on 8-24 ONLY!!!!

i know there are other texting issues, but i dont need them here. every day that goes by and i am unable to send a text i will be starting a new thread, and everyday sprint is going to get an email with links to the old threads and new one for that day. for example, tomorrow i will email them with this thread. if tomorrow night i cannot text, a new thread gets started with the date and time, and then the next day a link to this thread and the new one... so on and so on....

i am also going to call and speak to "their network" guy in the morning.

so here is why i am doing this.

at around 901 i sent a text to a friend, got an x. resent it, another x. turned wifi on, resent.... guess what X!!! reset my phone, resent yet again.... x. so at 936 i sent it again.... it went through!!! yay, until my 937 text received... "why did you send the same text 10 times?" well according to my phone it only went through 1 time at 936. now this started at right around 901 give or take a minute or 2... now i got a text from someone else at 914.... low and behold "message not yet received"
    08-24-09 09:51 PM
    Add me to the list, couldn't send or receive texts for this time frame as well.
    08-25-09 04:11 AM
    i just got a text that the system received at 857pm last night, at 857 AM!!! excatly 12 hours later!!!
    08-25-09 08:05 AM
    Same problem here...and after trying a batter pull I get java errors upon reboot and my messages icon is gone!! WTF!!
    08-25-09 10:08 PM
    Yep, I experienced the same issue. It happens every once in a while and most times I just ignore it. But now that you've put a time on it, it's right on.

And japapoe, while your a bit off topic, check this out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f142/th...ns-etc-289210/
    08-26-09 08:07 AM
    I could not send/receive MMS during that time frame but I am CST (so 8-8:30 for me)
    08-26-09 09:53 AM
    Happened to me on 08-25, no text after 9:30, central time. Tried sending a couple, would not send, just got the red X. Everything else on the phone worked, just no text.
    08-26-09 12:09 PM
    Casper,

Sorry if I am putting this in the wrong place, but wasn't sure where else to put it. Getting the red X again this afternoon, coupled with getting texts that were sent at 3, and finally receiving them at 5. Been doing this on and off all day, even done 2 battery pulls today, and it is still not helping. Nextel is about to lose an 8 year customer if this keeps up much longer.
    08-26-09 09:01 PM
    everytime i send a text and it does not go through, i email a contact at sprint that works with text messaging
    08-26-09 09:36 PM
    I wasn't able to send either.
    08-27-09 12:27 PM
    here is one of many emails i got back from all the x text messages....

Casper34,
    I just wanted to let you know what we have found in our investigation of your issues.
    We found that the issue was actually a symptom of a broader network backbone capacity issue that we have been working to alleviate. The reason you have been experiencing the problem at about 9 pm is that happens to be the busiest time of day for people to send messages and our data backbone capacity wasn't large enough to handle the peak load. Changes have been happening over the course of the last week in our core data network that late last night (early this morning) allowed us to increase the data capacity between our switches and our messaging platforms. These changes should alleviate the issues you have been experiencing with delayed messages, and the inability to send messages.

Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues,

Brad *****, PMP
    Product Manager - Text Messaging
    Sprint Nextel
    08-27-09 08:16 PM
    here is one of many emails i got back from all the x text messages....

Casper34,
    I just wanted to let you know what we have found in our investigation of your issues.
    We found that the issue was actually a symptom of a broader network backbone capacity issue that we have been working to alleviate. The reason you have been experiencing the problem at about 9 pm is that happens to be the busiest time of day for people to send messages and our data backbone capacity wasn't large enough to handle the peak load. Changes have been happening over the course of the last week in our core data network that late last night (early this morning) allowed us to increase the data capacity between our switches and our messaging platforms. These changes should alleviate the issues you have been experiencing with delayed messages, and the inability to send messages.

Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues,

Brad *****, PMP
    Product Manager - Text Messaging
    Sprint Nextel
    Thanks for the update, but yesterday was a really bad day for me, I had a small L almost all day!
    08-27-09 09:05 PM
    My texts are still delayed. I'm in Michigan.
    08-27-09 09:17 PM
    Didn't happen to me at all yesterday in Oklahoma. There was one message that did not retrieve right away, but I got NO RED X'S! First time in like a week.
    08-28-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD