Please help! I can hear no sound on my BB 8520 - not for alarms, music or when the phone 'rings'. When I plug in the earphones, I can hear the music.

Any suggested solutions will be greatly appreciated!
    05-24-10 01:16 PM
    Please help! I can hear no sound on my BB 8520 - not for alarms, music or when the phone 'rings'. When I plug in the earphones, I can hear the music.

Any suggested solutions will be greatly appreciated!
    Take it to ur provider...sounds (or in this case...no sound) like your speaker is disconnected or faulty...the speaker happens to be on the phones board so they'd prolly give you a replacement. How long have you had it/when did you get it, and do you have insurance on it.
    05-24-10 01:30 PM
    First of all, do a battery pull. If that doesn't fix it, it might be hardware faulty.
    05-24-10 03:12 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions! I've had it for about 6 months, but as I bought it outright, I don't think I am covered by insurance. A battery pull didn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 10:57 PM
    I'm wondering if the problem might be caused that, in each profile, 'Phone' appears twice?
    Seems very strange and I can't imagine how it could have happened, nor how to fix it.
    05-25-10 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD